Sox to give out socks....

Heads22

Oh my god, Mr. f***ing T!!!

From whitesox.com:

Special Pregame music and celebrities

Musician Perry Farrell will perform a 10-minute acoustic set pregame. Actor Mr. T. will toss out a ceremonial first pitch to Hall of Fame catcher and White Sox Team of the Century member Carlton Fisk.

Double Tough Sox Night

Sponsored by Hanes 

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Waving white socks should be a HUGE Sox tradition. Not sure why it never catches on.

Cause socks belong on your feet.

Seriously though, your right. It kinda cought on in '93, and I remember it being quite a sight.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Cause socks belong on your feet.

Seriously though, your right.  It kinda cought on in '93, and I remember it being quite a sight.

In my lifetime I think I've seen them try it like 15 times. It'll be a craze for like 3 games, then it disappears. :huh

Its not a White Sox tradition because it would be stealing another teams tradition and then trying to make it our own.

Kind of like when different teams use the "Tomahawk chop", or when teams use the "terrible towels".

I believe the Twins already have the towels, which look strikingly similar to White Sox.

:shrugs:

SB

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Its not a White Sox tradition because it would be stealing another teams tradition and then trying to make it our own.

Kind of like when different teams use the "Tomahawk chop", or when teams use the "terrible towels".

I believe the Twins already have the towels, which look strikingly similar to White Sox.

:shrugs:

SB

Um no, we'd be waving white socks and the name of our team is The White Sox. It couldn't be any more right.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
Um no, we'd be waving white socks and the name of our team is The White Sox.   It couldn't be any more right.

exactly, waving monkeys would be a ripoff.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
.........and we see how well that went over.

Yeah they gave them out and not many people even waved them around at all if i remember correctly. I myself had mine and my buddys on my arms because i made the mistake of wearing short sleeves near the very top of the uperdeck.

When you look like your biggest competitor, it does not matter what is right or wrong.

We would look like imitators.

:;shrugs::

And waving towels came from Hockey, not sure which team but a coach put a towel on a hockey stick and started waving it around. The fans then caught on.

If you want some sort of thing, why not invent it ourselves, or take from one of our current players.

Not use some over done swinging socks and towels around to look like every other team.

My opinion of course.

SB