7/20 Game thread vs. Detroit

Steff

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to start stringing together some hits again. Why did Ozzie play the B team in a rubber game?! I hate that, and I realize Boston is coming up...and I do not care...this game is just as important.

Hawk just said there's no specific estimate for restarting the game. Not raining in Naperville for what it's worth.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
Hawk just said there's no specific estimate for restarting the game.  Not raining in Naperville for what it's worth.

That was a recording. Same thing from last time they showed it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
Konerko just said Jacque Jones is the best player he ever played against, period.

Konerko also said he is extremely dissapointed in the pitch that Freddy threw to Shelton for a homer.

Or it's [insert any player name not currently on the White Sox roster here] is the best player ever.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Shelton was also the best [insert position here] he has ever played against.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
I actually have video of when he was doing it the first time.  I may even put it into my avatar.  It's hilarious.

DO IT! In Nuke's words: "GET TO DA CHOPPA!"

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
How long before Paulie's completely bald?

Paulie's going to get some plugs before that happens. I saw him out on the street last summer, I think he uses that spray paint stuff on his bald spot when he's not playing.

I cant help but think that we are turnign on Pauly in the same fashion as Cubs fans turned on Sham-Me. But its purely on performance, and not on a bad attitude and cork, so it must be ok. Its fun too dammit

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
How long before Paulie's completely bald?

Not long. Having to share the field with shortstops not as good as Royce Clayton is so damn stressful.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
I cant help but think that we are turnign on Pauly in the same fashion as Cubs fans turned on Sham-Me.  But its purely on performance, and not on a bad attitude and cork, so it must be ok. Its fun too dammit

No one would turn on him if he didn't suck.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
Paulie's going to get some plugs before that happens. I saw him out on the street last summer, I think he uses that spray paint stuff on his bald spot when he's not playing.

He already got plugs last year. Before them he had a nasty receiding hairline in the front.