7/21 Game Thread - BoSox vs. ChiSox

DABearSoX

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Ramirez was coming up so you want a righthander in there, no one can convince me that Neal Cotts should've been in there period.

Ramirez is hitting .206 verse left handers this season while right handers are hitting .133 against him.

Just saying.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Whenever Viz pitches, he's a hanging slider away from a homer.  I can't believe he threw a fastball right down the f***ing cock to Manny.  Cooper should have gone out and talked to Viz after the dropped foul.

Whats cooper supposed to say. Hey retard dont toss a cookie to one of the best power guys in all of baseball. You are not nolan ryan.

Ramirez is hitting .206 verse left handers this season while right handers are hitting .133 against him.

Just saying.

What? You may want to edit.

I take it back, now I see what you were saying.

Again, so what. No one here, sitting in that dugout, would've put Neal Cotts in to face Manny Ramirez. It's easy to sit here and say you would have, but no one would.

If he'd brought Cotts in and Cotts had bad control or given up the HR, Ozzie would be drilled all over Chicago.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
Put a cork in it 2nd guesser.

If you were the manager, sit there and tell me you bring in lefthander Neal Cotts to face Manny Ramirez in a tie ballgame.

If Cotts had been brought in and Ramirez HR'd you'd be the first one here screaming at Ozzie, and you damn well know it.

Stop it, please.

Vizcaino did not execute but no one is bringing in Neal Cotts to face Manny Ramirez in that situation except for an internet message board 2nd guesser.

Vizcaino should never get into a close game. If this is our best option at the end of a game its time to make a trade. If we put this douche in a playoff game guess what happens. He loses it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)

If you were the manager, sit there and tell me you bring in lefthander Neal Cotts to face Manny Ramirez in a tie ballgame.

If Cotts had been brought in and Ramirez HR'd you'd be the first one here screaming at Ozzie, and you damn well know it.

Stop it, please.

Vizcaino did not execute but no one is bringing in Neal Cotts to face Manny Ramirez in that situation except for an internet message board 2nd guesser.

Vizcaino is atrocious in game situations and has been all season long.

"He didn't execute"

LOL!!!

When has he ever executed when the chips are down?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:39 AM)
Whats cooper supposed to say.  Hey retard dont toss a cookie to one of the best power guys in all of baseball.  You are not nolan ryan.

Go out there and tell Viz to picking his f***ing head up. There was just such a terrible feeling in the Cell after that dropped foul. Ozzie even said so in the postgame conference.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
Well let's see.

Ramirez was coming up so you want a righthander in there, no one can convince me that Neal Cotts should've been in there period.

So you have a choice of Vizcaino, Hermanson, or Jenks.  I presume Hermanson was available but even if he holds them and the White Sox don't score you're still left with Vizcaino or Jenks.  He went with the veteran, who gave up a long home run ball on a horrible pitch to a great hitter ... after the 3B drops a pop up.

Can anyone tell they gave this game away with mistakes???

in baseball the team with more errors almost always lose.

in football the team with more turnovers almost always lose.

it is strange to say but those errors on the board cause the weirdest most unbelievable things to happen.

ozzie is tough...the team reflects his toughness...it is better to go thru the rough stretch now and not later.

we definitely are not hurting unless we start seeing some injuries...no pun intended!

i agree we don't need to make any moves other than put Arow in the 3 hole.

Vizcaino should never get into a close game.  If this is our best option at the end of a game its time to make a trade.  If we put this douche in a playoff game guess what happens.  He loses it.

Cannot disagree with trying to get a better option. Agree with that. If he can't do the job, get him out.

It was a horribly bad pitch, it appeared he lost focus, and that can't happen. Ramirez lives for mistakes like that.

But no one here can honestly sit here and say they would've brought Neal Cotts in to face Manny Ramirez.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Frank is likely going to the DL.  Gload is getting called-up.

GOOD. As much as i love frank this might be a blessing in disguise. We can get everett a chance to hit and he delivered tonight with the 2 run homer, but did strike out to end the game. Frank prolly would have done that too. Finally gload gets called up and him and gload can platoon at DH.

And 4 all the people who want to blame this game on crede because of the error on a ball he should have had. Just remember Viscaino didn't have to throw a BP fastball down the middle next pitch. f***ing s*** i hate luis viscaino. :fyou

"He didn't execute"

LOL!!!

Well I don't know.

Check his stats of all his games, and get back to us. I'm sure he's gotten some guys out. You might not have to check, it appears you know everything.

I thought we agreed not to respond to one anothers posts. Please don't respond to mine again, ok?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
What?  You may want to edit.

I take it back, now I see what you were saying.

Again, so what.  No one here, sitting in that dugout, would've put Neal Cotts in to face Manny Ramirez.  It's easy to sit here and say you would have, but no one would.

If he'd brought Cotts in and Cotts had bad control or given up the HR, Ozzie would be drilled all over Chicago.

No way in hell am i saying that i would have put in cotts.. just would have not been vizcaino. I would have gone to my close ( who can throw three problems with ease) and go from there. I rather give myself the longest possible chance to win over hoping we squeak bya nd can use our ''closer'' in a save situation.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Well I don't know. 

Check his stats of all his games, and get back to us.  I'm sure he's gotten some guys out.  You might not have to check, it appears you know everything.

I thought we agreed not to respond to one anothers posts.  Please don't respond to mine again, ok?

Whatever. Picking Viz over anybody else in that pen when the game is on the line is laughable to say the very least.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)

"He didn't execute"

LOL!!!

I would highly recommend to turn it to the Angels Yanks game on mlb.tv! Good game going on over there! Good luck and remember don't get down...think positive and have fun with this team! RedSox fans last year felt worse after game 3 then we will ever feel!

Cotts has earned the right to be put in a close game.  Viz has shown no ability to keep the ball in the park this season.  Against the likes of Ortiz and Manny, I would rather have Cotts in.

Fathom, tell me you put or leave Neal Cotts in to face Manny Ramirez. I can see the argument for Hermanson perhaps, or even Jenks vs. Vizcaino.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:48 AM)
Fathom, tell me you put or leave Neal Cotts in to face Manny Ramirez.  I can see the argument for Hermanson perhaps, or even Jenks vs. Vizcaino.

Yes I do. Manny has struggled against LHP all season. If Viz gets beat, it's usually on the long ball. Cotts doesn't give up many homers at all. Hermanson isn't 100 pct healthy. I would have put Cotts in, 10 times out of 10.

No way in hell am i saying that i would have put in cotts.. just would have not been vizcaino. I would have gone to my close ( who can throw three problems with ease) and go from there. I rather give myself the longest possible chance to win over hoping we squeak bya nd can use our ''closer'' in a save situation.

Yes, I can see your point. I presume Hermanson was ready to go, not positive, he was warming up so hey ... he was an option. I presume Jenks could've gone tonite too.

Yes I do.  Manny has struggled against LHP all season.  If Viz gets beat, it's usually on the long ball.  Cotts doesn't give up many homers at all.  Hermanson isn't 100 pct healthy.  I would have put Cotts in, 10 times out of 10.

Fathom ... go back to right before it happened and please show me your post where you call for Cotts to be brought in to face Manny Ramirez. Damned easy to say you would've done it after the game is over.

If Cotts had screwed up you'd have a whole Ozzie Sucks thread going on right now, admit it.

C'mon.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)

Stop it, please.

Vs. RH

Cotts - .133 AVG/.496 OPS

Vizcaino - .240 AVG/.676 OPS

Based on those numbers, I guess only a lowly message board poster would think Cotts is better against right handed hitters. Your assumption that every LHP is automatically tougher against lefties is frustrating, but looks to coincide with Ozzie's way of thinking. Whatever, you obviously did a good job explaining your point by simply s***ting on me.

And how is it a 2nd guess to want to have the better pitcher pitching in that situation?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:51 AM)
Fathom ... go back to right before it happened and please show me your post where you call for Cotts to be brought in to face Manny Ramirez.  Damned easy to say you would've done it after the game is over.

If Cotts had screwed up you'd have a whole Ozzie Sucks thread going on right now, admit it.

I didn't say I wanted Cotts (to be honest, I thought he had pitched already while I was at work), but I definitely stated my opinion that I didn't think Viz would keep it in the park against those hitters.