7/21 Game Thread - BoSox vs. ChiSox

DABearSoX

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:14 AM)
They need to put their game face on and at least give some good at bats in the bottom of this inning.

Uribe's at bat vs. Schilling with Crede on 2B was inexcusable, swinging at a bad first pitch and weakly grounding out.  That's bad baseball.  Which there has been waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of by the White Sox tonite.  You simply cannot give that team all those extra outs.

Uribe has turned into a massive offensive liability. He's the weak link on this team right now.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:15 AM)
When Shingo was DFAed, Jizzcan became our worst pitcher.  But for whatever focking reason Ozzie throws him out there in a key situation.

We're the only team who releases a relief pitcher when another reliever is injured. Our bullpen is so short-staffed right now.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:14 AM)
It's great to have one right hander out of the bullpen ( not closer) that we can rely on. Get to f***ing work kenny williams.

I'd rather see Jenks out there than Viz. I dont understand why Oz would even bring him out in a close one.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
I am officially scared to death now.  What happened to Crede just now is some Steve Bartman,  Billy Goat,  Bambino curse s***.

I don't believe in curses, but it's one of those circumstances where you almost guessed everything would fall apart. In the chat, I half jokingly suggested the AB would result in a HR after Crede dropped the ball. Sure enough, it was deposited on the very next pitch.

This entire game has been played rather poorly. Several squandered opportunities both on defense and offense. It's as if the team entered this game scared out of their minds; afraid to make any mistakes.

Well, now ESPN can highlight our team and observe how we fell apart. It was digusting and pitiful. I hope I never have to watch another disgraceful game such as this again. 3 f***ing unearned runs!?

Our announcers are absolutely pathetic when things go wrong for the Sox.

Why would Cotts be in there to pitch to Manny Ramirez anyway? If he hits the HR vs. Cotts, Ozzie gets lynched.

They need better players, or they need to play better than they did for these first 8 1/2 innings.

I want a righthander pitching to Ramirez unless it's Billy Wagner as the closer.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:15 AM)
Only good thing I can see out of losing now what appears to be 3 in a row, maybe that will light a fire under KW's ass to get something done..

I definitely agree. We sure look to have lost 3 games from our division lead in a hurry. And ladies and gentlemen, our schedule doesn't get any easier.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Uribe has turned into a massive offensive liability.  He's the weak link on this team right now.

Both pierzynski and uribe has been brutal. They both had about two week stretches of hitting good then they turned into bonafide s***.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
We need Wagner and Burnett.  I don't care what anyone says, we need them both to do anything in the postseason.  You look at the line-ups we might face: Boston, Anaheim and NY.  We need two more bullets.  I am so angry right now I could care less who we give up.

KW won't do anything because he fully believes this chemistry horses*** which keeps people like Vizcaino on the team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
Uribe has turned into a massive offensive liability.  He's the weak link on this team right now.

Konerko is right there with him. Every time Konerko comes up in a key situation he s***s his pants.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Jizzcan is back to his old suckass self I see.  Why was Cotts not in at the beginning of the inning?

Vizcaino was making tremendous strides...I hate to see him losing any confidence from this! I am really gaining respect for him. Extremely bad break! Crede has been great at 3rd, so not really down on him either. Lets see how this team handles a little adversity!

I don't know if I even want to watch the bottom of the 9th. If we're gonna lose, I would've rather seen them blow up entirely in the bottom of the 8th. I'm gonna be so unbelievably mad if we lose this game 6-5.

Soxnbears, I know exactly what you mean about your stomach. I'm so f***ing mad, that it's not really even anger.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 03:18 AM)
I'm not even that worried about this. Even if we lose, it's still only loss #32 (and 6 out of 7 at home) and it's the middle of July so that's pretty good. Let's just get them this weekend when we have the Cubans pitching.

Where are all those people who were talking about our playoff rotation earlier in the week? Even then, I asked since when was the division decided in mid July? If our offense doesn't pick up, I don't like our chances against the tough teams we play this half of the season. We're not going to be able to constantly beat teams like the Red Sox or Yankees by a score of 2-1.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
Fathom, that ball right there was about as hard hit as the one to Iguchi.  Maybe the one to Iguchi was hit a little harder.

Point being, play should have been made.

Come on White Sox.  One more run...

The play should have been made but those were two totally different plays. Iguchi was lunging to his right to try and make a play. That ball was hit right at Uribe.