The AJ Burnett 24 Hour Window Thread

AddisonStSox

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
I hate playing for the best team in baseball to.

:fyou Burnett we don't need you either

Yeah and last year it was Freddy Garcia will be a Yankee. He wants to pitch in New Yawk. Dont believe Boston Gammons, he speaks with forked tounge.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Not yet. He talked about Nevin and Ponson. Now he is talking about the Dodgers dealing Perez and Weaver....

if the burnett deal falls through i would welcome perez here with open arms.

QUOTE(whitesox89 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Gammons jus said NO Schmitt for us.

Bmac and Marte for Burnett brought up

maybe pickup Embree if Marte is dealt

Im starting to feel that not acquiring Schmidt is a good thing for the Sox. It would be a great slap to Sabeans face to keep all of these so-called core players that he refuses to trade and have Bonds come back and just be human. Watch the Giants fall flat on their faces the next 3 years because Sabean held his cards too long.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Gammons said that?  Hard to believe

Wait a second, Gammons says that about everyone!

Agreed. But it's not that *he* thinks that, he said that "Burnett has made that very clear." Gammons is probably pulling this out of his ass.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
I don't trust Gammons when Boston is involved.

I agree. I don't trust him at all. He is obviously biased. He knows the 2005 Chicago White Sox are the biggest road block from Boston Repeating.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
:huh:

Burnett was the first player mentioned in the segment.

I must have missed it then. I tuned in late. But at that point I meant that he said nothing when talking about the White Sox, about Burnett.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan13 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Agreed. But it's not that *he* thinks that, he said that "Burnett has made that very clear." Gammons is probably pulling this out of his ass.

Of course. According to him, everybody wants to play for the Red Sox.

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
how the heck did this get to 46 pages?  :P

We attached the thread to Anthrax93's nose, and started asking him to tell us more truths about Kenny Williams. The next thing we know, *boom* the thread is 46 pages. It was quite amazing.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
We attached the thread to Anthrax93's nose, and started asking him to tell us more truths about Kenny Williams.  The next thing we know, *boom* the thread is 46 pages.  It was quite amazing.

lmao too funny :D

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
I'm so pissed about everything Gammons said.

Schmidt won't come here.  Burnett refuses to sign an extension here.  We'll pick up f***ing Alan Embree?!

Even if it's all BS, it's put a huge damper on my day.

Dont let Peter Gammons ruin your day! Thats like letting Mariotti ruin your day, it just shouldnt be possible.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
I'm so pissed about everything Gammons said.

Schmidt won't come here.  Burnett refuses to sign an extension here.  We'll pick up f***ing Alan Embree?!

Even if it's all BS, it's put a huge damper on my day.

Its Peter "F'ing" Gammons... when has he or any of those ESPN brats been right about anything? These guys are clueless... As hard as it is to believe Levine has more accurate information on the White Sox than these guys.

QUOTE(Pasqua's Mailman @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Its Peter "F'ing" Gammons... when has he or any of those ESPN brats been right about anything?  These guys are clueless... As hard as it is to believe Levine has more accurate information on the White Sox than these guys.

Like I said, it makes me think even though it's probably BS. The seed of doubt has already been planted... :ph34r:

I see absolutely no advantage in acquiring Burnett. Why give up a hot prospect (McCarthy) and a decent lefty (Marte) for an over-rated arm we don't really need. Marte hasn't been as good this year, but I really don't think we need a trade right now. Have you guys forgotten that we're 31 games over .500 right now? Why in the world would we want to change anything?