Poor Red Sox Fan Behavior

djcollie03

Long time reader, first time post - I'm not sure if anyone else had large sections of Red Sox fans near their seats but, the Saturday night game was almost unbearable. Not only did the Sox look sloppy but, the Red Sox fans were merciless. I've been to a lot of Sox away games and have never acted like they did... does anyone know if it's typical for so many Red Sox fans to travel to see their team (our section was all from the New England area) and if Boston fans are normally so obnoxious??? I hate to lump all their fans together but, outside of the White Sox sloppiness getting me angry, they actually made it hard to sit through the game. Also, there were a ton of bandwagon Red Sox fans, kids etc. If the stars align and the White Sox advance to the W.S. what do you think will happen to our fanbase???

I also noticed on thursday.....it was really pathetic too, probably cause most of them were bandwagoneers. I talked to some on the red line on the way over and I was like Me: "You guys come from Boston." group: "no, we live in Chicago."

Me: "Oh so your from Boston." Group: "No, were just boston fans." In my head "Oh god this is going to be a long night."

I did get them though persay.....When Timo threw the runner out at the plate I got up to give a nice fist pump and I knocked an abnoxious boston fans beer on him....I apologized and bought him another beer and he still had the nerve to say "You need to calm down its only a game." It was ironic when he said this because the whole game I wanted to tell this guy "All Ortiz did was pop the ball up, you need to calm down....."

having heard us bashed over the years i try to refrain from making generalizations based on my experiences with a few people from any group of fans.

except the cubs and packers.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)
having heard us bashed over the years i try to refrain from making generalizations based on my experiences with a few people from any group of fans.

except the cubs and packers.

I'm usually surrounded by Red Sox fans 24/7. They're not really gross generalizations as they are 90% accurate.

Just like any team, the Red Sox have their fair share of obnoxious fans...so does this team, and I've met a few of them. :|

The arrogance displayed the Red Sawks fans since their World Series victory has been a big over the top, but it's understandable...they've won like 300 superbowl and now a world series over the past few years.

If Chicago could only be so lucky. Boston has won enough...time for them to go into a 100 year drought now, share that feeling of winning with some other fans now...dirty rotten Bostonites. :P

What's not funny about that is Cub fans seem to think they have some sort of kinship to Red Sox fans, when in reality...Red Sox fans can care less about Cub fans.

I find it funny how Cub fans think they are one in the same...dumbasses.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
I'm sure they were all Cub fans dressed as Red Sox fans...

Sneaky bastards

;)

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
I'm sure they were all Cub fans dressed as Red Sox fans...

Sneaky bastards

;)

i actually know a few "cub fans" that root for boston almost as much as they do for the cubs. Most of them were at one game over the weekend, luckily, i didn't have contact with them. :banghead

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
i actually know a few "cub fans" that root for boston almost as much as they do for the cubs.  Most of them were at one game over the weekend, luckily, i didn't have contact with them.  :banghead

REAL Red Sox fans (I assume they exist) probably want no part of the Cub fan contingent of Red Sox Nation, even though they deserve each other. :puke

QUOTE(afacio @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
REAL Red Sox fans (I assume they exist) probably want no part of the Cub fan contingent of Red Sox Nation, even though they deserve each other. :puke

I'm around redsox fans everyday, and they are the most arrogant and annoying fans. Ill I heard was how lucky the whitesox were this week and that the redsox stranded runners and the wsox have only gotten lucky all year. Yeah, joe crede dropping a pop up was very lucky

QUOTE(palesox38 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
I was there Saturday, and I do like the Red Sox, but their fans made me want to hate them. They really reminded me of Cubs fans. Also, all of their reporters suck, too. They are almost worse than the fans.

Trust me, they are worse then cub fans

Half my school is Red Sox fans and I swear being around all them is the reason why I've grown to hate the Red Sox and their fans. I've only found a few Red Sox fans that I can tolerate. The rest I want to punch. They act so much like Cubs fans. And they walk around with this idea that anyone who doesn't like the Red Sox is obviously stupid. GRR

QUOTE(POTUSChris @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
Half my school is Red Sox fans and I swear being around all them is the reason why I've grown to hate the Red Sox and their fans.  I've only found a few Red Sox fans that I can tolerate.  The rest I want to punch.  They act so much like Cubs fans.  And they walk around with this idea that anyone who doesn't like the Red Sox is obviously stupid. GRR

Amen, brother. You just described my situation perfectly, except my school is like 98% Red Sox fans.