GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:44 AM)
It was, mostly, a joke. I'm sorry I didn't thrown the green in there. CWS just seems like he really likes Beane and Oakland so I thought he might be a big fan equal with teh Sox. I dunno.

No, but when people who have absolutely no clue about it, and make baseless comments about it, that pisses me off.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
Tell that to our manager.

You said you'd give the pitcher credit if you thought he deserved it. Lima has been absolutely awesome tonight, how about giving the pitcher some credit?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:49 AM)
Come on, this is aggravating as hell.  This is Jose "I really f***ing suck" Lima.

God damn it, I hate Willie Harris.

What's the pitch count on Lima?

I believe it's at 82.

And the man you hate has accounted for almost 20% of those pitches.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:51 AM)
You said you'd give the pitcher credit if you thought he deserved it.  Lima has been absolutely awesome tonight, how about giving the pitcher some credit?

I disagree that he's been awesome. Lima has poor control tonight, and is getting bailed out by the Sox B squad. Lima is making Wade Miller looks like he had amazing stuff. Even Timo came within a few feet of hitting a 3 run homer against Lima tonight. We've had chances to score some runs, but our players don't seem to be focused at all.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
I believe it's at 82.

He's also cost us the lead. He's struck out twice where he had a 2-0 count in at least one at-bat, plus he's screwed up twice in the field.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
I disagree that he's been awesome.  Lima has poor control tonight, and is getting bailed out by the Sox B squad.  Lima is making Wade Miller looks like he had amazing stuff.  Even Timo came within a few feet of hitting a 3 run homer against Lima tonight.  We've had chances to score some runs, but our players don't seem to be focused at all.

Translation: Nah I will never give a pitcher credit - our offense sucks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
I disagree that he's been awesome.  Lima has poor control tonight, and is getting bailed out by the Sox B squad.  Lima is making Wade Miller looks like he had amazing stuff.  Even Timo came within a few feet of hitting a 3 run homer against Lima tonight.  We've had chances to score some runs, but our players don't seem to be focused at all.

To be honest I find it hard to believe you'd give an opposing pitcher credit. The movement on Lima's pitches tonight is just nasty.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
I believe it's at 82.

And he has accounted for 100% of the opposition's runs.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:54 AM)
Translation:  Nah I will never give a pitcher credit - our offense sucks.

Trust me, there are some games where I think we have no chance against the pitcher. This is not one of those games. Games this year where I thought the pitcher was awesome include the game against Ervin Santana.