GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
162 games in 6 months, or 162 games in roughly 180 days.  I guess you're right, Ripken's streak really wasn't very impressive.

Come on, everyone should play 162 games a year!!

I can only think of 2 players now that play everyday. Hideki Matsui and Tejada.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
Fathom,

You are WAY WAY WAY over the top tonite.  Step back from the computer ... really ... this venting is bordering on the ridiculous.

Harris is awful, no question.

They were not going to go 19-0 vs. KC, heck they may even lose tomorrow.

How do you know that Crede's back isn't flaring up?  Crede loves to play in KC, all his family comes over from eastern Missouri to see him.  I suspect he is physically sore not to be in there.  I doubt we find out, Guillen wants to protect his players.  Rowand has been really banged up too.

Pitchers will have games like this, KC has been poking everything right down the line, and Lima has been good tonite, he is after all a major league pitcher.

If they played the subs tomorrow you would complain about that.  The subs have to play and sometimes that is complicated by guys having aches and pains.  There are a lot of things we very likely do not know but it still does not stop all the stupid "f*** you Ozzie" nonsense that goes on here.  It's grade school stuff, really.

^^^^

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Why? Because it makes all your points moot?

1.) No, moot is spelled correctly.

2.) No, it doesnt make my points moot because if your going to tell me that just because we are 30 games up this team doesnt need improvement? BS. Overpay for Overbay.

great flip by WILLIE f***ING HARRIS!  WHY IS HE IN THE GAME!  Iguchi got 2 days off in a row.  I can understand giving him one day off however 2.  f*** YOU Ozzie.

Josh ...

Word of advice, please do not get the same reputation (and result) here that you got at White Sox Interactive. Stop beating things to death.

If your mom won't let you swear inside the house, go outside or something. It will help you take a breath and realize some of these things are not the end of the world.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
Neal Cotts wasn't a major leaguer to you, either, earlier in the season.

Thank goodness we rushed his ass to Charlotte, huh?

Neal had talent. He just couldnt throw strikes consistantly.

Willie is a no tool player.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
how the hell was that uribe's error.  willie made a bad flip to him.

I think the thought is that Uribe could have gotten to that ball and made the out at 2nd. The bad flip did cost them a double play though.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:37 AM)
Neal had talent.  He just couldnt throw strikes consistantly. 

Willie is a no tool player.

Oh, ok. Thanks, I'll come to you next time I need help scouting some major league players. Thanks.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)
Fathom,

You are WAY WAY WAY over the top tonite.  Step back from the computer ... really ... this venting is bordering on the ridiculous.

Jim...I've made my points quite clear tonight I thought. Iguchi should be playing, without a doubt. He doesn't like to sit because he gets out of his rhythm....and Ozzie pulls him for 2 straight games after he has one of his best games of the season. I'm actually ok with Timo playing, as he's had some of our most consistent ABs lately (and everyone knows how much I dislike him). I'm absolutely sick of seeing Ozuna play 3b though. How obvious is it that he can't play the position? Just because some guy can play 2b or SS, it doesn't mean they can play 3b.

I actually think this should be a positive experience for the Sox tonight, as it might get Ozzie to stop with the mass sub lineups.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:34 AM)
  How many other teams do you see just do mass subs like Ozzie does?  And please don't give me the best record argument, because our record is crap with the B squad this season.  The whole mentality of the team is different when you're benching 2 or 3 everyday starters.

Would you say that our fresh bench has had any impact on our record this season?

Do you believe that our starters are happy that they know they'll get days off while, at the same time, our bench players are happy because they know that they'll get to see a good bit of playing time?

Did you honestly believe that we'd lose this game with MB on the mound against Lima, regardless of the # of bench players starting?

I can't believe that Sox fans have the nerve to get on a guy who appears to have a unanimous lock on manager of the year. There's a reason for that clubhouse chemistry every player raves about, and his name is Ozzie and his uncanny ability to satisfy nearly everyone on a team and make them feel needed and important.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
Stop bringing what up?

That we are 30 games over .500. It doesn't mean s*** at the moment. Tonight we played like a team 30 games under. Why? Because Ozzie put in all the s***ty players on the universe!

"No, it doesnt make my points moot because if your going to tell me that just because we are 30 games up this team doesnt need improvement? BS. Overpay for Overbay."

QUOTE(professionalfan @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:36 AM)
^^^^

No offense, because I have no bad blood for any Sox fans on here. But, have you posted anything in this thread all night, or do you just add an icon or a mark to certain posts?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
My brother lives in Switzerland, and tomorrow's game will be shown there on their ESPN. I know the White Sox national broadcast record leaves a lot to be desired. How about their international broadcast record?

0-0, no one out side of Chicago really gives a s***. We are hated by many and disrespected by sports networks..... :huh

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Oh, ok.  Thanks, I'll come to you next time I need help scouting some major league players.  Thanks.

He would of been sent down if it wasnt for Credes back. That is well documented.

But hey maybe we can start him in front of Gooch. I think he is a difference maker.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
That we are 30 games over .500. It doesn't mean s*** at the moment. Tonight we played like a team 30 games under. Why? Because Ozzie put in all the s***ty players on the universe!

"No, it doesnt make my points moot because if your going to tell me that just because we are 30 games up this team doesnt need improvement? BS. Overpay for Overbay."

You know what, I hate to be like this but to be honest you have no f***in clue what you're talking about.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
No offense, because I have no bad blood for any Sox fans on here.  But, have you posted anything in this thread all night, or do you just add an icon or a mark to certain posts?

yes i have, thanks. i just think some people say exactly what is going to come out of my mouth before i can. sorry if that offends you.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:39 AM)
Did you honestly believe that we'd lose this game with MB on the mound against Lima, regardless of the # of bench players starting? 

Go back and look at the beginning of this gamethread. I specifically stated that Lima can get in a rhythm, and with the lineup we had tonight, I was worried he could shut us down. I was told that was nonsense, because we could play our grandmas, and we'd still beat KC.

Even though we were 10-0 vs KC this year, they have played us pretty close. We've won 4 or 5 games against them this year that could have easily been won by them.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
You know what, I hate to be like this but to be honest you have no f***in clue what you're talking about.

I value your opinion but your a f***ing dumbass! :D Just kidding man.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:43 AM)
He would of been sent down if it wasnt for Credes back.  That is well documented.

But hey maybe we can start him in front of Gooch. I think he is a difference maker.

Hey -- flavor of the month, it's all good. I hope for Bobby that he doesn't have a couple of bad appearances in a row, though, or else someone's gonna need a new sig.

I've never wanted Harris to start. I've felt all along that he'd be a decent fill in for an injured player, and would do Ok in a platoon role.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
He would of been sent down if it wasnt for Credes back.  That is well documented.

Have you missed the 2-3 times he's said Willie's been bad this year. The point is every single a game there's a scapegoat. Willie was bad tonight so were a ton of other players.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:43 AM)

I'll actually agree with you on this. I'll take being 30 over .500 right now. It does matter, as the record is the only thing that counts during the regular season. One game isn't going to bring that record down to .500. And I don't want the Sox to acquire Overbay at all! He's extremely slow, and is no guarantee to handle the stress down the stretch. He had been struggling pretty bad recently, I believe.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:45 AM)
And that post alone defines you on this site.

Why? It's very true. How many times did we just squeak out the wins against KC, and especially when they brought Sisco into the game? If bringing up a logical point defines me on this site, then I really need to change my persona.