GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
Chat is up and rippin.  Come in and say hey!!!

:gosox4:  :gosox3:  :gosoxretro:  :gosox2:  :gosox1:

where is this chat u speak of......ive been checking out this site for a year now but tonight im free and thought id join in on the game discussion

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
f***, Pods running the bases is like every Crede, PK, and Uribe hitting.  He is a streaky f***ing base stealer.

Castillo just has a quick release and a solid arm.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
f***, Pods running the bases is like every Crede, PK, and Uribe hitting.  He is a streaky f***ing base stealer.

Not really, he's had like 2 stolen base slumps and has been great besides that.

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
where is this chat u speak of......ive been checking out this site for a year now but tonight im free and thought id join in on the game discussion

go to the board index (soxtalk.com) and look about 80% of the way down, it'll say "X# members are in Live Chat" just click on the live chat part.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Not really, he's had like 2 stolen base slumps and has been great besides that.

That's what I'm saying. The last time he had a slump, it lasted well over a week, I think. It wouldn't surprise me if he had another slump similar to that.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
That's what I'm saying.  The last time he had a slump, it lasted well over a week, I think.  It wouldn't surprise me if he had another slump similar to that.

Last time, he wasn't getting thrown out at 2nd base. His slump a few months ago was when he was getting picked off too much.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
That's what I'm saying.  The last time he had a slump, it lasted well over a week, I think.  It wouldn't surprise me if he had another slump similar to that.

LOL, so he had 1, one week slump and he's an inconsistant base stealer?? I don't think so.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Last time, he wasn't getting thrown out at 2nd base.  His slump a few months ago was when he was getting picked off too much.

Yeah, the game where Chan Ho got him like 3 times. I don't count that as a slump though, he said it himself Chan Ho was the hardest to steal on so far.

New SoxTalk game thread record ... one batter in and there's already a huge diff. of opinion!

Good job guys :D

:bang

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
LOL, so he had 1, one week slump and he's an inconsistant base stealer??  I don't think so.

Not really inconsistent. Streaky. He goes on tears where he can't be caught (which last much, much longer than the droughts), but then he has about 10 games straight where he gets caught or picked off.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
Not really inconsistent.  Streaky.  He goes on tears where he can't be caught (which last much, much longer than the droughts), but then he has about 10 games straight where he gets caught or picked off.

I'm willing to bet there's a strong correlation to how good the catcher is that he's running against. Pods does a great job of taking off at will against poor throwing catchers. However, when he faces the better throwing catchers, he's not as aggressive (nor should he be).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
I'm willing to bet there's a strong correlation to how good the catcher is that he's running against.  Pods does a great job of taking off at will against poor throwing catchers.  However, when he faces the better throwing catchers, he's not as aggressive (nor should he be).

That's a good explanation. And by no means am I ripping on Pods, before anyone gets any ideas.

Ha, am I the only one that cringes just about every time a ball is it towards Ozuna at 3B, no matter how slow or routine?