7-27-05 Game thread Sox @ KC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Against the dbacks in mid june he was at the cell and I sat right next to him.  Of course I didn't have the guts to say anything to him. :bang Now that's a guy I would love to talk baseball with.

Really? I was across the aisle 2 rows back of in him, his black cowboy boots and his buddies. It was the El Duque gets lit up game. He only stayed about 4 innings.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
Really? I was across the aisle 2 rows back of in him, his black cowboy boots and his buddies. It was the El Duque gets lit up game. He only stayed about 4 innings.

Ya, he just got up and never came back.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
Mike Sweeney f***ing kills us.

The guy's a great hitter. Like I said yesterday, there aren't many hitters I respect more then Mike Sweeney but I hate his f***in guts when we play them.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Against the dbacks in mid june he was at the cell and I sat right next to him.  Of course I didn't have the guts to say anything to him. :bang Now that's a guy I would love to talk baseball with.

oh man. He seems like a good guy to. Did anyone hear his explanation for when Burnitz bunted on the SNB game. He said that good managers do this because they know their personel and that Baker knew that Perez would come up with the bases loaded and that perez had never hit a HR at Busch so he was due to hit one. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
The guy's a great hitter.  Like I said yesterday, there aren't many hitters I respect more then Mike Sweeney but I hate his f***in guts when we play them.

If it wasn't for his back problems, he'd have some great numbers by now.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
If it wasn't for his back problems, he'd have some great numbers by now.

Back when the Sox acquired Brook Fordyce they almost traded for Sweeney as a catcher instead. KC wanted more than the Sox wanted to give them. It turns out he was horrible defensively but became a great offensive player.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
Brooks came down and was talking to him for a while that night. The former Gov. Jim Thompson was sitting in the first row of that section as well.

Hmm, I missed Brooks, I assume Brooks was down there around the 1st inning?? My seats weren't in that section but I had friends there and there were open seats so I joined them around the 3rd inning I think.

when i saw buehrle was charged with 7, i couldn't help but laugh. obviously, that was an attempt to drive his ERA up, bc there were so many errors! Uribe's throw home should have been an out... the inside the park grand slam (i guess thats what you have to call it since they were all earned). Just complete bulls***!