7-27-05 Game thread Sox @ KC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
when i saw buehrle was charged with 7, i couldn't help but laugh.  obviously, that was an attempt to drive his ERA up, bc there were so many errors!  Uribe's throw home should have been an out... the inside the park grand slam (i guess thats what you have to call it since they were all earned).  Just complete bulls***!

Yeah, how can you charge 3 errors but no unearned runs? :huh:

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
Yeah, how can you charge 3 errors but no unearned runs?  :huh:

You have to take in to account if the runs would have scored anyway without the errors. The only questionable one was Uribe's on the throw home. That was scored a fielder's choice meaning the run would have scored without the bad throw and the guy still would have reach first. The other errors were overthrows IIRC and those runs would have eventually scored anyways.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
After seeing how he plays us, every time I see his stats at the end of the year I'm amazed he isn't batting .375 with 60 HR's and 180 RBI's.

.402 86 HR 235 RBI would be a typical season if he played us 162 games

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
You have to take in to account if the runs would have scored anyway without the errors. The only questionable one was Uribe's on the throw home. That was scored a fielder's choice meaning the run would have scored without the bad throw and the guy still would have reach first. The other errors were overthrows IIRC and those runs would have eventually scored anyways.

I guess bad throws to home plate don't account for unearned runs

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
I guess bad throws to home plate don't account for unearned runs

It depends on what happens afterwards. You can't assume the guy was going to be out, so if the guy after him hits a HR, the run is earned because he would have scored anyway.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
It depends on what happens afterwards.  You can't assume the guy was going to be out, so if the guy after him hits a HR, the run is earned because he would have scored anyway.

Exactly. There's no conspiracy to raise Buerhle's ERA.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
It depends on what happens afterwards.  You can't assume the guy was going to be out, so if the guy after him hits a HR, the run is earned because he would have scored anyway.

you cant assume the guy afterwards wouldnt stike out...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
If you have a problem with that, you have a problem with official scoring.  That is the way the rules are written.

i have a problem with life, then, dammit.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
Dye is a beast lately, I dont know why everyone is thinking of just throwing an aquired bat in his place in RF.

yeah, dye = best power presence on our team.

btw your avatar is the s***.