Darcy Hordichuk Traded

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
I know most of you don't give a rip...

But the first official trade of the new CBA is Darcy Hordichuk going to the Nashville Predators for a 4th round draft pick.

Is the draft going to be combined this years and last years entrees? Is it going to be extra long?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
I know most of you don't give a rip...

But the first official trade of the new CBA is Darcy Hordichuk going to the Nashville Predators for a 4th round draft pick.

Mother f***er...Florida has really been pissing me off more and more over the past few years. Who's gonna be their enforcer for all of their young players now (and they have a lot)? Lyle Odelien? GMAFB.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
And, rumor has it they are signing Pronger tomorrow.  And... oh nevermind... just wait and see.  :lol:

Any rumors on who the Hawks are signing Kap (bout time you use your sources here). :P

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
Hehe, Darcy's a girls' name.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

1st thing that pops into my head when I hear Darcy:

"Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage, Go together like a Horse and Carriage, THIS, I tell ya brother, ya can;t have one without the other!"

profile_1af93dd247554a9f84e6e870fce1f69a

Preds acquire Darcy Hordichuk

July 27, 2005

Nashville, Tenn. (July 27, 2005) – Nashville Predators Executive Vice President/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has acquired left wing Darcy Hordichuk (DAHR-see HOHR-dih-chuhk) from the Florida Panthers for Nashville’s fourth-round selection in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

Hordichuk, 24 (8/10/80), posted a team-leading 158 penalty minutes for Florida in 2003-04, ranking 13th overall in the NHL. He also notched career-highs in games played (57), goals (3) and points (3g-1a-4pts) in his fourth NHL season. The 6-1, 215-pound Kamsack, Sask. native has recorded 434 penalty minutes in 130 career NHL games with Atlanta, Phoenix and Florida.

In his first season as a pro (2000-01), Hordichuk led the International Hockey League in penalty minutes (369), helping the Orlando Solar Bears – coached by current Predators assistant coach Peter Horachek – capture the IHL Turner Cup. Hordichuk was originally Atlanta’s ninth choice, 180th overall (sixth round), in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.

Fans can learn more about Hordichuk at www.darcyhordichuk.com.

The Predators have five selections in Saturday’s NHL Entry Draft, starting with the 18th overall pick in the first round. Nashville also has picks in the third round (No. 78), fifth round (No. 138), sixth round (No. 163) and seventh round (No. 198).

:o

If the server goes down ya'll know why. :lol:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
They signed Eric Cairns.

Yuck, Cairns is one of those pricks that tries to start a fight with everyone. NO skills whatsoever. At least some players like McCabe and McCarty have(had) offensive skills when at the top of their game. Cairns just takes penalties.

I had to throw this into the "hockey players who kick people's asses" thread...

The Pittsburgh Penguins signed former Ottawa, Tampa Bay, and Fort Wayne Komet tough guy Andre Roy to a 3 year 3 million dollar deal to protect #1 pick Sidney Crosby. Hopefully for Pens fans sake, they are a pretty good team and no one wears bags over their heads to games... :ph34r:

Must really get him excited to know he's worth a 4th round pick

BTW, hockey would be a better sport if they eliminated fighting and you had to actually lay a decent check on someone to retaliate.

By the way, Hordichuk is one of the best at that. Go see his website. :lol:

His first shift on the ice as an NHL'er was abosolutely fantastic, he levels a guy, and not by fighting. That's partly why he's sticking in the NHL.

Edited by kapkomet

To be honest, if they could actually eliminate the nuetral zone trap mentality, the game would be exciting enough to the layman that they wouldn't really miss fighting. Personally knowing a couple of goons and actually hearing the way it is done, it reminds me a lot of the way the HBP was used in the old days as a way to patrol the game. Linger too long after a HR? You got a ball coming into your ear. Take a cheap shot on the star Center? Its time to drop the gloves.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
[spam]http://www.darcyhordichuk.com

[/spam]

Check out his fight clips, they are the best.

Especially the two Anglestad videos - now, notice how they actually congratulate each other after beating the s*** out of each other.

BTW, the Anglestad video is one of the most widely distributed hockey fight videos of all time on the internet, I'm damn serious about that.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
I like Andre Roy actually, he has decent skills for an enforcer.  Not many people give him credit for an absolute rocket of a slapshot.

I can vouch for that. I had him aiming them at my head while I stood about two feet from the glass before a game. He has a wicked slap shot, and a temper to match it.

The goaltender on the Fort Wayne team at the time was in the NHL for a few years - or at least in the camps (he has his name on the Cup from when he was in Pittsburgh). He was affiliated with St. Louis for a while. He said that when he was a goaltender, he worried about two people's slapshot.

#1 - Al McGinnis

and a close #2 - Andre Roy

He said the basic difference is Roy has little control of his shot when he shoots that hard, which makes it almost scarier because you didn't know where it was going.