Jenks

Jordan4life_2007

He looked tired and didn't have his usually velocity today.

HOWEVER. The best part of his outing today was that he showed that even if he doesn't have his best velocity he can still get people out. That slider is f***ing sick, as is the curve. Great outing.

Today Bobby may have shown he deserves to be on this team for good including a possible spot on the playoff roster.

Yeah, pretty much whate they both said. His velocity was a bit down but he was snapping his curveball and it is good to know he has 2 phenominal pitches. He was still able to blow some away and then drop a deuce.

the most encouraging pitch (to me) was when he painted the outside corner with the curveball. if he can show that he's capable of working a corner, he will be up there with the elite closers.

Edited by AirScott

Jenks looked good..and it proves he doesn't have to get by just throwin 99MPH..Plus he had pitched 2 innings on Monday, so the velocity wasn't there if he has maybe 3 full days off..but good curveball..especially when he struck out Sweeney

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
Considering how he started out a little bit ago with over 20 ERA now has it at 4.30 something... the kid is proving quickly he belongs up with the Sox.... the guy is simply nasty.

I remember reading about this kid a few years ago and his 100mph fastball. All I saw with our prospects was 90mph finese pitchers. When we picked him up I kept him on the radar hoping he would come back from his injury last year and would gain his velocity and learn some control. I got to see him in ST and he didnt have anywhere near this velocity and his control was iffy but you could see the stuff was there.

With his youth, as long as he keeps healthy and throws strikes he should be filthy.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
His velocity was down to a pultry 95.

I was at the game, and the board said he got as high as 98. He was 96-97 consistantly in his first inning. In his second, his fastball was around 93, but he threw more sliders in that inning. He seemed to be tiring, but I thought he looked good overall.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
He looked spent in that 2nd inning, but I like the idea of stertching him out. Looks like KW and Oz are curious as to what he can really do and if we really need another arm in the pen.

I have a feeking Jenks is gonna play a big role in the post season

I'm hopeful that he plays a significant role in the Sox success. I don't think we can depend on it, but the possiblitility is a real one.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
Jenks proved something to me yesterday.  It seemed like he ran out of gas in the 2nd inning and was able to gut it out and get us to the 13th.

I agree with you, Jenks being tired was still able to get outs. On Viz first inning though, he couldnt get an out.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
Yeah, pretty much whate they both said. His velocity was a bit down but he was snapping his curveball and it is good to know he has 2 phenominal pitches. He was still able to blow some away and then drop a deuce.

:lol:

i know what you meant but that's still funny.