sox after baez??

bighurt2719

espn.com has some article that the title is saying that we are after danny baez. its an 'insider' article though, so i couldnt read it. does anyone know anything about this, or even anything about danny baez, a player i have never paid attention to ever?

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
espn.com has some article that the title is saying that we are after danny baez. its an 'insider' article though, so i couldnt read it. does anyone know anything about this, or even anything about danny baez, a player i have never paid attention to ever?

There's about 10 threads about the same thing in the trade talk section of this board ;)

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
The problem is that there is no way he would do better then Jenks...

He might be able to take Viz's spot and thats even pushing it...

As much as I love Jenks he's not a proven commodity. Baez has proven he can close, he'd definitely take Viz's spot and would be a nice insurance policy just in case things go wrong with Dustin's back. Hermy, Cliff, Neal, Damaso, Bobby and Baez would be a very nice, solid, deep bullpen.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
As much as I love Jenks he's not a proven commodity.  Baez has proven he can close, he'd definitely take Viz's spot and would be a nice insurance policy just in case things go wrong with Dustin's back.  Hermy, Cliff, Neal, Damaso, Bobby and Baez would be a very nice, solid, deep bullpen.

I agree, that is one helluva bullpen but Lamarr is gonna overprice Baez by a lot. I would also look into a 7-man bullpen and carry 12 pitchers. Bring up a guy like Baj and see how he does.

His latest outing against Boston(2 IP, 7 H, 4 R(3 ER), 2 HR, 0 BB, 2 K), just destroyed his WHIP.

Before that outing, his 2.70 ERA and 1.29 WHIP, while nothing spectacular, is very solid.

If it cost, say, Arnie Munoz, I would be all for it. In all likelyhood, LaMar will probably be really cool and ask for like Cotts, Young, and McCarthy.

And to suggest Baez will not be better than Jenks is just, for lack of a better term, dumb. Jenks has shown very little control at the MLB level, and he is getting hit. He has allowed 17 baserunners in 8.3 IP. His K/9 of 14.1 is ridiculous, but if you can't keep guys from getting on base, you're not doing much for your team.

Baez is an upgrade over Vizcaino, for sure, and I would take him over Marte, simply because Marte has as much control over his fastball as babies do over their bodily functions. Ozzie wouldn't, because he loves lefties, which is why we've had to suffer through Kevin Walker this year, instead of having atleast a mediocre reliever in Jeff Bajenaru, or even Arnie Munoz, Felix Diaz, or Bobby Jenks.

J.Stark on AJB............................ Could this trade deadline really come and go WITHOUT the most attractive pitcher on the market getting traded? The chances of that have never seemed higher, believe it or not. The White Sox, after deciding that Burnett wasn't a good bet to sign a long-term deal with them, have shown no interest in sweetening their offer for him.

Baez and Huff for a slew of prospects in big trade.