Latest news on Huff and Baez

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
3-4 prospects make sense, thats what they were gonna get in the 3 team deal with BOS and NYM, as long as it isnt 4 of our top 10 prospects, it might be ok

and in addition, if we only have to trade prospects, we can then still keep marte, which i think is a big piece of the bullpen

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:56 AM)
3-4 prospects make sense, thats what they were gonna get in the 3 team deal with BOS and NYM, as long as it isnt 4 of our top 10 prospects, it might be ok

It will definitely be 4 of our better prospects. The guys they were supposed to get in the Bos/NYM trade were top-notch. I have a feeling if this trade goes down, there's going to be a lot of people shedding a tear over their favorite prospects gone.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
espn can say what they want, they are not the ones in contact with other teams negotiating deals

It would definitely take 3-4 spects to land those two, that's why at the moment I think the best bet is to just go for Huff and I do like Baez. Huff is just a great hitter and he'd be a godsend in this lineup. I'm hoping for Aubrey, he's the guy I really want.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
It would definitely take 3-4 spects to land those two, that's why at the moment I think the best bet is to just go for Huff and I do like Baez.  Huff is just a great hitter and he'd be a godsend in this lineup.  I'm hoping for Aubrey, he's the guy I really want.

im hoping it takes three to get both, only reason id add a fourth is to see if we could ship one of our relievers (vizcaino).

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
I don't see us trading for anyone. Not even Mackowiak. I definately don't see this team doing anything major. Jayson Stark said that we made one last huge push for Schmidt, but the Giants don't want to trade him. Eh well.

I gaurantee that the Sox make atleast one trade between now and the deadline.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:21 AM)
I would say they are moving sideways. Jesse Foppert also went in the deal. He had as much fan fare and upside as Mcarthy, and he hasn't turned out to be anything.

That was an awful trade for SF. So, trade three of your best young pitchers (Williams + Foppert + Aarsdma) for Hawkins and Winn? Randy f***ing Winn? So, rather than keeping their young talent, they're going to make an attempt at that weak division by getting Randy f'n Winn?

Mercy, Sabean is a f***ing moron.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
That was an awful trade for SF.  So, trade three of your best young pitchers (Williams + Foppert + Aarsdma) for Hawkins and Winn?  Randy f***ing Winn?  So, rather than keeping their young talent, they're going to make an attempt at that weak division by getting Randy f'n Winn?

Mercy, Sabean is a f***ing moron.

Sabean just makes me laugh, is he ever going to try and get younger or is his goal to have the average age of his team at 40?

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
I think he meant Huff and Lugo.  Either way, I don't want Lugo booting the ball everyday for the sox.

Let them take Willie too s***. BTW, who is that in your avy. I've always wanted to ask...

Maybe its their Devil Ray background distorting my view but I just hate the idea of giving up B-Mac and plenty more for three of their guys. And I'm well aware of the three in question from fantasy leagues and I've seen them a bit but it just gives me an uneasy feeling. With Schmidt, Burnett, Wagner, Griffey, or people of that ilk-I can be bothered by what we are giving up but I would be happy with what we get back. With the Tampa fire sale, its just too unproven of a package for me to feel that THIS makes us World Series favorites and that is the criteria that you must be judged by if you are going to trade the future for the present.

IMO

Huff - Proven hitter. Can play 3B/1B/OF/DH. Left handed power. Huge upgrade over Carl Everett.

Baez - meh, I don't like him as much as most people do. I wouldn't give up anything of substance for him which would mean most likely not getting him at all.

Lugo - no

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
IMO

Huff - Proven hitter. Can play 3B/1B/OF/DH. Left handed power. Huge upgrade over Carl Everett.

Baez - meh, I don't like him as much as most people do. I wouldn't give up anything of substance for him which would mean most likely not getting him at all.

Lugo - no

With Huff and Lugo I have the same feelings as you. I actually like Baez but the asking price is so ridiculous it's just not worth it. Huff's a guy I would be willing to overpay for, Baez--definitely not.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
Maybe its their Devil Ray background distorting my view but I just hate the idea of giving up B-Mac and plenty more for three of their guys. And I'm well aware of the three in question from fantasy leagues and I've seen them a bit but it just gives me an uneasy feeling. With Schmidt, Burnett, Wagner, Griffey, or people of that ilk-I can be bothered by what we are giving up but I would be happy with what we get back. With the Tampa fire sale, its just too unproven of a package for me to feel that THIS makes us World Series favorites and that is the criteria that you must be judged by if you are going to trade the future for the present.

Wow. If you honestly think Huff and Baez are not proven then, IMO, you are mistaken. Baez whooped our ass when he was with Cleveland and he is a good reliever, better than Jizzcan at least. Huff is a great bat and I would love to see him as our starting 1B in 2006. I like the trade but for the right price. LETS GO FOR IT!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
With Huff and Lugo I have the same feelings as you.  I actually like Baez but the asking price is so ridiculous it's just not worth it.  Huff's a guy I would be willing to overpay for, Baez--definitely not.

Yeah, I'd love beaz in our pen don't get me wrong. I just don't think he's worth a Chris Young or Ryan Sweeney.

Edited by Kalapse