Latest news on Huff and Baez

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
I'll sleep fine at night without his 4-35 since the ASB coming here.

As will I.

The only reason Mack had any sort of attractiveness was his ability to play 50,000 positions. Now we have that in Blum. Fine by me.

Of course, what would be funny is if this was the only move KW made. Stark says the Sox will either make a huge move or no move, and then the Sox make some small ass move like this. It pretty much is a no move, but technically, it is a move.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:14 AM)
Well it talks abut a 3 way deal in that little article with the mets.  So baez would be going to the mets obviously and I'd assume Huff and Lugo here, interesting to say the least.

Here's the quote again. Read it carefully.

The Devil Rays were reportedly in line to be giving up all three of their most coveted trade commodities in one fell swoop. ESPN reported Saturday that along with Huff and Baez, Julio Lugo was now involved in the big three-way possible deal.

That is refering to the BoSox-Mets-DRays deal. It says the big 3-way, not a big 3-way.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:34 AM)
Here's the quote again.  Read it carefully.

The Devil Rays were reportedly in line to be giving up all three of their most coveted trade commodities in one fell swoop. ESPN reported Saturday that along with Huff and Baez, Julio Lugo was now involved in the big three-way possible deal.

That is refering to the BoSox-Mets-DRays deal.  It says the big 3-way, not a big 3-way.

Good point, that whole sentence really just confuses me cause it says he "was" as in past tense and then it says he's "now" involved as in the present. Meh, why the hell am I breaking down sentences at 3:40 in the morning. :bang

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
Meh, why the hell am I breaking down sentences at 3:40 in the morning. :bang

Eh, there's not much else to do, so why not? It's not a bad way to spend your time on Soxtalk when there's a grand total of like 10 other people on. :P

I haven't been up this late much this summer, but I remember last summer and how slow it gets at 3-4 AM.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:00 AM)
Eh, there's not much else to do, so why not?  It's not a bad way to spend your time on Soxtalk when there's a grand total of like 10 other people on. :P

I haven't been up this late much this summer, but I remember last summer and how slow it gets at 3-4 AM.

Ya, you're slacking this year. :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:05 AM)
Ya, you're slacking this year. :P

I know... :crying My job this summer doesn't allow me to wake up at 1 p.m. anymore, so I normally go to bed at about 2 a.m.

Here's something just for you, Row:

v56nl40a.jpg :D

FWIW, the NY post thinks were close to getting Huff.

"While the Sox chose to sit Ramirez vs. the Twins last night at Fenway for unspecified reasons, Tampa Bay was nearing a deal that would ship Aubrey Huff - one of Boston's primary acquisitions in the Ramirez blockbuster - to the White Sox."

link http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...2p-284430c.html

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 04:35 AM)
FWIW, the NY post thinks were close to getting Huff.

"While the Sox chose to sit Ramirez vs. the Twins last night at Fenway for unspecified reasons, Tampa Bay was nearing a deal that would ship Aubrey Huff - one of Boston's primary acquisitions in the Ramirez blockbuster - to the White Sox."

link http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...2p-284430c.html

Very good news. Even if it is coming from the NY post.

I forgot about the DRays and Red Sox being in the same division. Looks like Huff won't be going to Bos. Who else would be in on the action for Huff?

From the NY Post:

"In the most widely negotiated version of the three-team deal, the Mets would have received Manny Ramirez, Baez and Tampa infielder Julio Lugo. The Red Sox would have received Cameron and Milledge from the Mets, and slugger Aubrey Huff and lefty reliever Trever Miller from Tampa. The Devil Rays would have received Heilman and Petit from the Mets and — this is where matters got bogged down — two prospects from Boston. The Red Sox had indicated a willingness to include pitcher Anibal Sanchez and catcher Kelly Shoppach, two lesser prospects.

Boston apparently was willing to more seriously discuss Hanley Ramirez, an infielder, if it indeed could obtain Milledge, who perhaps would be spun in another deal. But the Devil Rays indicated that if Huff was going to play against them 19 times a year in the AL East they had to get a dynamic package in return, which meant both Hanley Ramirez and Lester."

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 06:45 AM)
I forgot about the DRays and Red Sox being in the same division. Looks like Huff won't be going to Bos. Who else would be in on the action for Huff?

That's cuz trading Huff to Boston could affect Tampa's run to the division title this year, negatively.

Edited by knightni