Latest news on Huff and Baez

AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 05:58 AM)
Overbay? Although he is supposedly off the market...

He never was on the market. Brewers would be foolish to trade him now. They'd get a lot more value for him if they trade him in the offseason, when more teams are looking to upgrade at 1b. PK will be the class of the FA 1b market....and after that, it's awful. Overbay will be in high demand.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
He never was on the market.  Brewers would be foolish to trade him now.  They'd get a lot more value for him if they trade him in the offseason, when more teams are looking to upgrade at 1b.  PK will be the class of the FA 1b market....and after that, it's awful.  Overbay will be in high demand.

That is true. But some seem to think he always was and STILL is on the market? Either way, they will get a lot for him when they are ready to deal him. That guy has talent!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 06:01 AM)
That is true. But some seem to think he always was and STILL is on the market? Either way, they will get a lot for him when they are ready to deal him. That guy has talent!

Brewers still have an outside chance at the WC. I believe they're only 6.5 games out right now. Overbay is the fan favorite there also. He's not going anywhere, and I wouldn't be shocked if he's there for a few more years (I know they've discussed the outfield with him, I think he might be too slow though).

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 06:01 AM)
Thats why getting Huff NOW makes the trade that much more important.

Couldn't agree more. I think it's obvious PK is gone after this year. Thus, it's either Huff at 1b, or probably moving Dye to 1b. I'd be pretty content with both.

If KW can pull off a trade with TB its going to be a miracle. I like Huff, and the White Sox could really use him. I hope KW stays away from Baez, although he would give the Sox a Manny Trillo of Cubans. If the price for Guardado is a prospect, screw Baez, get Guardado and throw a few guys back to TB for Huff. That should be enough to win the division, and get some home field advantage at least in the first round.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 06:02 AM)
i'm slowly starting to warm up to huff.

I don't care what his numbers say.....he's one of the best hitters in the AL. He typically racks up a ton of extra base hits, and I've seen him get a lot of hits against very good pitchers (especially J. Santana). He's be the best lefty hitter we've had in a long time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
I don't care what his numbers say.....he's one of the best hitters in the AL.  He typically racks up a ton of extra base hits, and I've seen him get a lot of hits against very good pitchers (especially J. Santana).  He's be the best lefty hitter we've had in a long time.

guess it's just my ignorance and my complete non interest in tampa bay. :lol:

Earlier I suggested the Sox get Lugo in the trade if they have to give up so much for Baez and Huff. I didn't really see that happening, it was more of my way of saying go for it all this year and heck with prospects.

Well, DrGiggles just posted this link on WSI

620 WDAE Devil Rays rumors

The Devil Rays were reportedly in line to be giving up all three of their most coveted trade commodities in one fell swoop. ESPN reported Saturday that along with Huff and Baez, Julio Lugo was now involved in the big three-way possible deal.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
Too be honest the only time I have really seen Huff play is against us, and he killed us. I like the guy. :P

let's get sweeney and thome then since we're getting sox killers on board.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:08 AM)
Time for bed kids, Tony has an early morning of breakfest with the Gf, then off to Bears camp, then ordering my Huff jersey in road grey.

Sleep well Sox Fans.

goodnight moon

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
BTW, the Cubs are reportedly interested in Huff and Baez.

let's let KW and Hendry duke it out in millenium park at high noon for 'em.

Okay, that's enough sillyness, i'm out

Edited by Soxnbears01

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
Earlier I suggested the Sox get Lugo in the trade if they have to give up so much for Baez and Huff.  I didn't really see that happening, it was more of my way of saying go for it all this year and heck with prospects. 

Well, DrGiggles just posted this link on WSI

620 WDAE Devil Rays rumors

Well it talks abut a 3 way deal in that little article with the mets. So baez would be going to the mets obviously and I'd assume Huff and Lugo here, interesting to say the least.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Well it talks abut a 3 way deal in that little article with the mets.  So baez would be going to the mets obviously and I'd assume Huff and Lugo here, interesting to say the least.

Nothing like leaving the Sawks out in the cold.

:lol: