July Stats

danman31

Link

You'll have to live with my geocities account until Jason uploads it onto FS.

Notables:

Anderson .326/.397/.516

Fields .315/.434/.573 Love 15 walks in 89 ABs.

Owens .398/.493/.420 Hell of an OBP.

Sweeney .337/.402/.446 A bit of an 'empty average' but I'll take it.

Schnurstein .322/.361/.522 Hey Jason tell Schnur to draw a freaking walk!

Hansen .374/.445/.596

Lucy .391/.464/.478

Valido 14/14 in steals.

Also posting good offensive months: Borch, Brown, Stewart, Young (in limited ABs), Hinton, Nanita, Berry, De Los Santos, and Ricks.

On the pitching side some bullpen guys in Charlotte got it going. Rodriguez starting to turn it around for the Hogs. Liotta freaking filthy in his last month at Kanny.

McCarthy also had a nice month. Starting to rebound.

Fields starting to figure it out?

I love Sweeney's line... He had a poor June, but that (337/.402/.446) is essentially the same thing he posted for April + May. Yes, the lack of power is of some concern, but that he's able to get on base at a .400 clip in 3 of his first 4 months at AA as a 20 year old tells me this kid knows how to hit.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

Wow -- Haigwood had an extremely nice month. 26 1/3 IP, 26 K's, 1.03 ERA, 1.10 WHIP.

Tracey didn't do too well.

And every pitcher on Charlotte had a better month than Jon Adkins except for Kevin Walker, yet he gets the call.

It's got to be real dissappointing to post an ERA around one, strike out more than ten guys per nine IP (showing he's clearly ready for the next level), yet see guys like Walker and Adkins get the call because of their 'major league experience'.

Does it matter if the major league experience wasn't good? No.

But Ozzie knows that Bajenaru isn't going to be a good pitcher because of eight innings pitched. Really dissappointing...

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
It's done, I'm just waiting for Heads to get off his ass and post it already. :D

Mike, you can send it to me at Bullsback@gmail.com

I'm at work right now but am staying in a hotel this week for work and will have tons of time to do stuff like this (what else do I got to do, in another city by myself, haha).

I'll probably be there in an hour and a half. Just throwing it out as an option and I'm really looking forward to reading the piece, sounds like its going to be great.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Mike, you can send it to me at Bullsback@gmail.com

I'm at work right now but am staying in a hotel this week for work and will have tons of time to do stuff like this (what else do I got to do, in another city by myself, haha). 

I'll probably be there in an hour and a half.  Just throwing it out as an option and I'm really looking forward to reading the piece, sounds like its going to be great.

Sent.

Here is a prediction for next year!

Birmingham's infield:

3rd: Josh Fields (still could use some seasoning at this level)

SS: Robert Valido (obviously)

2nd: Micah Schnurstein (look for the move in the off-season)

1st: Leo Daigle (Rogo at AAA)