Help SAVE one of the BEST Logo's in sports

brewcrew1982

Hey Guys,

I made a website dedicated to bringing back one of the best logo's in all of sports. The Milwaukee Brewers Glove and Ball Logo. This is definatly one of the most creative logo's ever.

If you look close at this logo you will notice the Glove and Ball form the "m" & "b" of the millwaukee brewers. Please take a minute to sign my petition and help bring back one of the best logo's in sports. Thanks!

www.brewcrew.biz.ly

Baseball is built on tradition and we need to bring some of baseball's tradition back.

On the players' caps.

"I'm with you," said Brewers manager Ned Yost, who proudly wore the hat as a member of Harvey's Wallbangers. "I like the logo. It wouldn't bother me if they changed back to it. I'm like everybody else. I'd love the hats."

www.brewcrew.biz.ly

brewers5ve.th.jpg

Given

1) The trend towards retro

and

2) The sheer number of times I see that logo everytime I visit Miller Park

I don't think it needs to be "saved" at all. Its as alive and well as any other throwback logo, and I think fans of other teams recognize its awesomeness.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
I never knew the M and B thing. It reminds me how when I was a kid, I always thought that old Expos logo spelled "elb" in lower case. It was only many years later that I became aware their logo was actually the letter 'M' and suddenly alot of things made sense.

As a kid I used to jokingly call them the Elbows because of that logo!

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
It's kinda like the big 10 logo.

It's hard to see the 11, but when you do, it's the first thing you see from then on.

logo_thumbnail.gif

Similar, though different. In the Brewers logo, the same foreground item represents different things. The Big 10 logo, however, uses the background or "negative space". In psychology, I think it is called "figure/ground ambiguity". It is like the Chicago "C" on my avatar. If you look closely at the negative space, you will see a sock.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Similar, though different.  In the Brewers logo, the same foreground item represents different things. The Big 10 logo, however, uses the background or "negative space". In psychology, I think it is called "figure/ground ambiguity".

SFF

:huh: uh.........huh

:P

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
It's kinda like the big 10 logo.

It's hard to see the 11, but when you do, it's the first thing you see from then on.

logo_thumbnail.gif

You are exaclty right i noticed that sometime this year and thats all i see when i look at it now.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
i love this logo the only non sox hat i have ever bought is this one

I have a Brewers cap with that logo too. I loved that logo, and the colors the Brewers had back then, plus the fact that their team name is about beer. :cheers I really never have a good chance to wear the hat though. Oh well, it's still awesome, I'll sign.