McCarthy rolling with it

TheHammer

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
With an ERA under 2 in his last four starts I hope he gets a start or two in September.  If he does well, boosts his confidence.  Maybe he can comeback next year and go 23-6 and win the Cy Young next year.  Something like that.

:lol:

where'd you get 23-6 from?

but yeah, i agree with you. Bring him up in september, see what happens.

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
With an ERA under 2 in his last four starts I hope he gets a start or two in September.  If he does well, boosts his confidence.  Maybe he can comeback next year and go 23-6 and win the Cy Young next year.  Something like that.

That'd be awesome. I still say it all depends on him finding a way to consistently and effectively throw that changeup. If that happens, he could be a great starter for many years to come. The numbers don't lie, and his numbers are pretty good. Granted, they are numbers put up in the minors, but there is no other way to measure a player's potential that I know of. This reminds me, I should really get an update on Brandon's AAP thread.

Wait I thought everyone said throw him under the bus and/or trade him??? :headshake

He is 21 years old. People need to learn the Jon Garland lesson, that some pitchers just take time. Brandon might not *get* it for years, but when he does, he is going to be special. And if we have dealt him, we will regret it, there is no doubt in my mind of that.

I didnt stop thinking high of him for how bad he was to start AAA and in the majors... I mean hell the guy started last season in low A and now he was in the majors it would of been foolish to think that he would be good.

I still though wouldnt of been mad if we would have traded him at the deadline for a high impact player though.

That being said now that both of them havent been traded Im hoping next year Ill be able to watch the progress of Brian Anderson, B-Mac, and Jenks all together on the White Sox.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Wait I thought everyone said throw him under the bus and/or trade him???  :headshake

He is 21 years old.  People need to learn the Jon Garland lesson, that some pitchers just take time.  Brandon might not *get* it for years, but when he does, he is going to be special.  And if we have dealt him, we will regret it, there is no doubt in my mind of that.

That all depends on who we would have dealt him for, and whether or not we won the WS. Win the World Series and I don't care if we become the Royals for a few years! :gosox1:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
Wait I thought everyone said throw him under the bus and/or trade him???  :headshake

He is 21 years old.  People need to learn the Jon Garland lesson, that some pitchers just take time.  Brandon might not *get* it for years, but when he does, he is going to be special.  And if we have dealt him, we will regret it, there is no doubt in my mind of that.

But B-Mac Sucks!!!! He can't throw his change!!! He gives up too many homers!!!!!! Sound familiar?

Oh yeah, time to change the sig.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 04:04 AM)
^^^^^

I called it in the earlier Bobby Jenks thread...

I don't think you or anyone else here called it. Kenny Williams mentioned it himself before he even brought Jenks up. So if anyone called it, KW did.

Edited by southsideirish

Over Honel’s last three starts, he’s pitched a total of 19 innings and given up only 13 hits and 5 earned runs to the tune of a 2.37 ERA. Honel has had only one bad start in the month of July, at Huntsville, where he gave up 8 earned runs in only 2 2/3 innings. Throwing out that start, he has had a 2.88 ERA for the month of July with a mere 19 hits allowed in 25 innings, including a start against a loaded Jacksonville lineup which did a lot for Honel’s confidence.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
Over Honel’s last three starts, he’s pitched a total of 19 innings and given up only 13 hits and 5 earned runs to the tune of a 2.37 ERA. Honel has had only one bad start in the month of July, at Huntsville, where he gave up 8 earned runs in only 2 2/3 innings. Throwing out that start, he has had a 2.88 ERA for the month of July with a mere 19 hits allowed in 25 innings, including a start against a loaded Jacksonville lineup which did a lot for Honel’s confidence.

Thanks for the info. Sounds good. Hopefully he continues over the year.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
Thanks for the info. Sounds good. Hopefully he continues over the year.

It would be great to finally see him pan out. He and Corwin malone were so highly touted, I want them to work out. Kris is a class act and i always envisioned him taking a spot next to Garland and MB in the rotation.