- 08-05-05 - Mariners @ Sox -

redandwhite

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Ya, that's exactly it. :headshake  :headshake  :headshake  :headshake

Give me a logical explanation of why Freddy started the 9th inning against the tigers on the last home stand after throwing well over a hundred pitches and having a 1 hour rain delay.

Maybe its because he was better than anyone in our pen, or maybe he is putting the wood to a relative of Ozzie.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Rowand44.....do you think Ozzie should pull Garcia now?

Yes, I said that already. SSI uses this same crap argument all the time "It's because he's latino, it's because he's ozzie's relative" etc. It's ridiculous, he always lets the pitchers try and get wins, that's the way he manages. I've disagreed with a lot of ozzie's moves this year but for the most part he's been right and most of us have been wrong. Ozzie knows what he's doing, period.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Give me a logical explanation of why Freddy started the 9th inning against the tigers on the last home stand after throwing well over a hundred pitches and having a 1 hour rain delay.

Maybe its because he was better than anyone in our pen, or maybe he is putting the wood to a relative of Ozzie.

criticize ozzie, fine....he deserves it alot of the time.

but don't be dumb about it

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
Yes, I said that already.  SSI uses this same crap argument all the time "It's because he's latino, it's because he's ozzie's relative" etc.  It's ridiculous, he always lets the pitchers try and get wins, that's the way he manages.  I've disagreed with a lot of ozzie's moves this year but for the most part he's been right and most of us have been wrong.  Ozzie knows what he's doing, period.

While I'll agree that Ozzie doesn't leave Garcia specifically in because he's family/latino....I'm still not ready to say that Ozzie knows what he's doing in regards to in-game managing. There's no questions he's a great motivator though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
While I'll agree that Ozzie doesn't leave Garcia specifically in because he's family/latino....I'm still not ready to say that Ozzie knows what he's doing in regards to in-game managing.  There's no questions he's a great motivator though.

I don't think he's a great in game manager either but for the most part he's made the right moves even when they seemed ridiculous.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:07 AM)
This is more like it.  Not everything has to be bashed to mars.  Just string a few hits together.  Keep the line moving.

It's funny comparing the swings of Crede and Uribe this inning.