Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
yeah, she really was.  I was thinking maybe that was Brady's broad

Thats what I thought at first, but I figured they'd have mentioned something if it was. My guess is it was one of Brady's sisters friends.

Wow PSU misses one barely wide left and it will go to a 2nd OT. 38 yarder and it was barely missed, just like FSU's was barely missed.

The game goes on. I hope this is a precursor to how good the Rose Bowl will be. Man, talk about a game.

Game Set Match. Really good close game and an exciting OT thanks to some bad field goal kicking. I don't know about anyone else, but I sense college football coming to an end and I was hoping for another miss just so we can see more OT.

Hell, I hope tomorrows game goes down to OT as well. I love OT in college football.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 12:09 AM)
Reminded me of the 2000 Orange Bowl between Michigan and Alabama.

One time, at band camp, my team, the fluties -- we were playing the percussion pounders -- we won the camp flag football title in overtime. but we didn't have field goal kickers. so it reminded me of tonight's game.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 09:16 AM)
Rose Bowl tonight!! I haven't been this excited for a college football game probably since the last undefeated title game with tOSU and DA U, which ended up being a double OT classic.

honestly, after the amazingly exciting bowl season we've had this year, I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a dud.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
Hooray!  Penn State wins the game in OT x 3.  You can't hate Joe Pa; I hope they're in contention next year.

They're losing something like 16 senior starters so I don't see them being in contention next year anymore than a Northwestern Univ.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
They're losing something like 16 senior starters so I don't see them being in contention next year anymore than a Northwestern Univ.

yeah, that's what I've been thinking. They had a ton of seniors on this years team, so they are going to be relatively young next year, IIRC.