Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Brian I have a question...........

How in the hell can two players have the same number? I don't think I have ever seen that before. Michigan's punter Ross Ryan? and also Kevin Grady were both wearing #3.

What's up with that and how can they allow it?

How in the hell can two players have the same number? I don't think I have ever seen that before. Michigan's punter Ross Ryan? and also Kevin Grady were both wearing #3.

Rex, it actually happens in every program. There are 105 players on a roster and players can only be numbered 1-99 without numbers preceding with 0. So you are gonna have some overlap. You just can't have the players with the same numbers on the field at the same time.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Yeah, I'm happy with the team. I like the 400+ yards of offense against the number 4 team in the nations with most of their starters playing the whole game. I also like the numbers being almost 200 rushing/200 passing. The defense needs improvement but they were extremely overmatched. I wasn't expecting to win, but I am happy with what I saw. I dont know if can win next week either, but as long as the team shows improvement I'll be happy. Cut down on the turnovers, gain experience, get ready for the MAC games and win the title. Too bad Toledo gets in the way of it :(

If Wolfe doesn't fumble, it's 13 or 17-20 going into the half instead of 27-10. Just speculation, but I think that translates into us losing by less than ten instead of 16. Either way, giving up 33 points to such a great O is damn good, and we accomplished what we needed to despite losing the game. And we will have every chance to win next week, not saying we will blow anyone out, but I'd say we have to be the favorites, even on the road.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 3, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
Dan, will that game be on TV, and in-case a Cubs game is on WGN Radio, what station is the NU game on?  Do you know?

The game will be on ESPN Classic for some reason and 850 AM on the radio, whatever the hell that is. I'm looking forward to it. NU looked pretty good on offense even without their starting RB most of the game. Their lack of a pass rush and green secondary worry me though.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Rex, it actually happens in every program. There are 105 players on a roster and players can only be numbered 1-99 without numbers preceding with 0. So you are gonna have some overlap. You just can't have the players with the same numbers on the field at the same time.

I guess I have just never seen it before. I thought they could only dress 85, so I never thought about it.

Just got back from Pittsburgh and to say I'm excited would be an understatement. I know it's only one game, but it was a big one for our program...proving that we can win right now is huge. I understand that our defense has its holes and the big time programs (michigan, usc, tenn) will probably make it harder for us to score, but my god I haven't seen an Irish team score 35 points in one half. We didn't punt until the end of the third quarter; 507 total yards are you kidding me? It was as unbelieveable in person as it probably was on tv.

With all that being said, I actually feel as though it's going to be a game next weekend at the Big House. I'm sure our offense will keep us in the game, and if we can shore up the defense a bit I think we'll have a shot to take it. One thing is sure though, and that's the fact that we're not going to get out-coached this year.

Either way it's been a great weekend and it will be a good week to be an Irish fan (especially since I took ND +3.5) :lol: