Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
the big 10 needs to add another team so we can have a title game, it sucks we miss out on an exciting game like that.

Yeah, because all we need is another reason to laugh when they call it the Big 10.

How would they fit a #12 into their logo? #11 has worked out all right, but i mean, yeesh that's a crooked number.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
Yeah, because all we need is another reason to laugh when they call it the Big 10.

How would they fit a #12 into their logo?  #11 has worked out all right, but i mean, yeesh that's a crooked number.

meh. the big 10 doesnt have 10 teams now, so what's the difference of adding one more?

They can call it The Big 12: The Duece

And oh yeah, the big 10 does have 10 teams in baseball :P

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
I go to NIU, and your guys gave us the scare of our lives last year, and as Huskie Stadium no less, where we never lose (except to Toledo  :angry: )

Tell me about it. I went to the Toledo game last year... that game left an impact.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
whitesoxfan101... i am a senior at NIU, where do you live... i just moved out of my apartment on Spiros Ct, off of Hillcrest... but will be to every game at Huskie stadium, and the opener against michigan and week 3 against northwestern!!! 

RED!!! BLACK!!! RED!!! BLACK!!!

There was a guy who lived on Spiros who sent me two NIU dvds: Alabama and last years BGSU game.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
wow, Iowa state beat us by 6, at home, with our starting QB hurt and out fo the game... WAY TO f***ING GO!

How many bowl games did you win?

NIU 1, Iowa State 0

angry, angry child

wow, Iowa state beat us by 6, at home, with our starting QB hurt and out fo the game... WAY TO f***ING GO!

NIU 1, Iowa State 0

What's really funny about this reply is this:

Iowa State Bowl Victories: 2

NIU Bowl Victories: 2

and the winner of the tallest midget is...... No one.

NIU 1, Iowa State 0

Heh, no one counts the Independence Bowl. I assume you don't count that game in Shreveport then, you know the thing they got that trophy for.

But that's cool.

f122828A.jpg

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)
Mostly because they were NDs biggest rival for while, and I HATE ND.  To me they are the Yankees of the NCAA.

those are probably my two least least favorite teams in the ncaa along with ohio state, but if i had to pick i'd also go with miami

On the recruiting front (i figured this was the best place to put this), Demetrius Jones has verbally committed to ND. Jones is an Illinois product (Morgan Park) and is ranked as the second best dual option quarterback in this year's recruiting class...some sites have him ranked #33 in overall recruiting.

As much as I know the season is all that matters, it's nice to see that we actually have recrutiing momentum before the season starts (for once). This was also a pretty big recruit since I know Illinois was in the mix as well and for some reason ND has lost some big recruits to their home states in years past (mainly Big 10 states). We can all feel the tide turning over here, and it may not be this year or next, but ND will be back VERY soon. :D

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Damn, out of the 11 regular season games, Michigan only has 4 road games. At Wisconsin, At Iowa, at MSU, all will be tough, than at Northwestern.

Hey now -- Northwestern tends to play good teams really well at home. I'm not saying that it's going to end on a last second TD pass, but I don't think it will be a cakewalk for Michigan, either...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)
Mostly because they were NDs biggest rival for while, and I HATE ND.  To me they are the Yankees of the NCAA.

When was Miami a big rival of ND? I remember Florida St. several years ago, but can't recall any thing with Miami.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
Notre Dame already has Zach Frazer, a higher rated QB signed.  I don't see where getting an option QB is such a great catch fotop.  What am I missing?

Dual option is a bit of a misnomer...because it basically means a qb who can both run and pass. He isn't an "option" quarterback...he's just a really fast qb who can book it if he doesn't have anywhere to throw it. :P Plus 4.43 speed is pretty damn nice at qb.

And just because Frazer is in the fold doesn't mean getting Jones isn't huge. You can never have too much depth at skill positions. I mean next year's depth chart at qb is going to be pretty sick w/Quinn the senior, Sharpley the sophomore, then Frazer and Jones.

To me this is a big recruit because we took him out of Big 10 country. Illinois, at least during Ty's reign was all big 10 kids. Now with Weis at the helm we're starting to get our feet back into areas which we should be dominating, mainly Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, etc.

Also, like I said earlier getting guys like jones, frazer, aldridge, et al. at this point is something we haven't seen in a few years. It's damn nice to hear about all of these class recruits that are already in the fold. The only thing about all of this that bothers me is the fact that we'll probably lose Mustain now. According to a few sources it was a two horse race for Mustain (ark v. nd) with miami being the darkhorse. Arkansas has too much on the line with Mustain (not landing him could cost Nutt his job) so I'm betting they're making a MAJOR push.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Aug 14, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
notre dame sucks, and with their schedule will never win a national championship again

well judging by your birthday...you're too young to remember when ND dominated EVERYONE (hell I'm too young as well, the Holtz Era was a little before my time but not TOO much...i could comprehend things in '93). so i'll take your ignorance with a grain of salt.

But I guess if you want to jump to conclusions about ND, at least do it for the right reasons. The schedule being hard wouldn't be a good place to start if you're trying to say that we'll never win another National Championship. I mean how can you say ND's schedule is going to be hard in 5 years, 10 years, etc. You can't. So i don't see how that correlates because you don't know the quality of your opponents until maybe a year before you play them.

All teams go through cycles, I doubt you remember when USC sucked...or when Miami sucked...or when Oklahoma sucked but guess what they did for one time or another. The thing about ND up until recent memory is that we NEVER went through that cycle. Since we are now, everyone wants to put us in the ground. But guess what, elite programs survive the test of time. So as I've been saying, we may not win this year, or maybe next, but it's coming and it's coming soon. ND will be on top again...I can say that with full confidence (even though i may be biased).

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Bernard!  (I'll always pull for him; despite his university choices) :headbang

Also, is what I'm hearing about Lymon not being able to play this year now true?

Yup, Lymon is ineligible, but has decided to stay at Purdue.

He would have had to fight for PT anyway with Bryant, Ingraham and Williams all back.

He'd be a nice addition to someone's intramural team this fall though.