Classic Ozzie Quote

Kyyle23

"That's how bad we're hitting -- we've got Joe Crede as the DH," manager Ozzie Guillen said before the game. "I was making fun of myself. I was like, 'Wow, how bad are we when we've got Crede as the DH?"

LOL, I wonder how Joe feels about that comment.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
I'm sure Crede realizes he's a s***ty hitter.  It feels like the guy's having a career year, and he's batting .248.

Ouch. Even though Crede isn't all that great with the bat all of us realized how important he is when he went down and we had Ozuna there. Crede has saved the sox a lot of runs out there with his glove and once I realized that I am ok with him. I can't really think of anyone who could replace him that wouldn't cost us much talent or money wise.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
Ouch. Even though Crede isn't all that great with the bat all of us realized how important he is when he went down and we had Ozuna there. Crede has saved the sox a lot of runs out there with his glove and once I realized that I am ok with him. I can't really think of anyone who could replace him that wouldn't cost us much talent or money wise.

Which is why I said s***ty hitter. Not player, not defender, but hitter.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
It was hilarous, they kept playing the soundbite on the Score.  Ozzie was laughing his ass off.

From what I hear, Joe is one of the funnier guys in the clubhouse, so I don't see it being a problem.

Yeah, he's prob laughing just as hard.

I remember catching the game in the second inning, and noticed both Blum and Crede were at bat, and Uribe WAS playing SS, and Iguchi at second, so I was thinking "Where the hell is Blum?" Then I noticed Blum was at third, so then I was like.....

O___o

Where is Crede then? Then Crede came up and it said DH, and I was like......

O___o

Buehrle saved another [run] when he deflected a line drive by Sexson -- a shot that knocked the glove off the pitcher's right hand. Buehrle threw out Sexson and stuck out Beltre to end the inning.

"Any time I get a ball up the middle, I just try to knock it down and keep it on the infield," Buehrle said.

Moyer called it "self defense" and said, "you can determine whether it was the best play of the game."

Sexson called it "the horseshoe effect. He and the whole White Sox team have luck going for them right now."

Yeah, over four months straight of luck. That's a nice run.

Meh, let everybody keep saying we are lucky and underestimate us. The less seriously they take us, the easier it will be for us to pounce on them.

And as for the quote about Crede, Crede doesn't care in all likelihood. I hate to say it like this, but it's just "Ozzie being Ozzie".

Edited by whitesoxfan101