Colleges

CubsSuck1

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
Ummm...I'm sure they have very pretty girls, as most colleges do, but I've never heard miami of ohio mentioned as the one with the best...

And its Miami University..it was a school before Fla was even a state.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
Exactly what I'm doing down here. I suppose in American Terms I would be a junior in college, as I'm in year 2 of my 3 year course.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
Thats exactly what I'm majoring in.  Got one accounting class left and a whole lot of finance classes left.

Woooah, I'm surprised there's quite a few Accounting/Finance majors here. Most of the time when people find out what I'm majoring in they gasp loudly and ask, "why the hell are you doing that?"

Umm...because I want to!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
hmmmm, playboy did, when I was a frosh we were #3

To be honest, I think that's a rumor that goes around every campus. Allegedly, my school was ranked two in a similiar playboy thing. I think it's the college equivilant of an urban legend. . .

I'm looking at:

DePaul

Marquette

Loyola

Saint Louis

Louisville

IU

I'm looking for a school in a big midwestern city. All of those schools fit the standards, but I throw IU in there because its a state school and has a great business program and I'm leaning towards majoring in business right now. Also, my tuition will be payed if I go to any of those schools, except for IU, because my mom works full time at VU and one of the benefits is free tuition to sister schools. All the schools are listed on tuitionexchange.org.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
I'm looking at:

DePaul

Marquette

Loyola

Saint Louis

Louisville

IU

I'm looking for a school in a big midwestern city. All of those schools fit the standards, but I throw IU in there because its a state school and has a great business program and I'm leaning towards majoring in business right now. Also, my tuition will be payed if I go to any of those schools, except for IU, because my mom works full time at VU and one of the benefits is free tuition to sister schools. All the schools are listed on tuitionexchange.org.

Oooh, Drexel is one of the schools listed. Too bad I have no one working there...

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 07:02 AM)
Don't take this the wrong way, but was it a s***hole back in the 80s too?

Define s***hole? It had carpeting and air conditioning...unlike Niles West. I haven't been back since the early 90's, so I couldn't tell you if it's gotten worse.

It was fun hitting tennis balls onto the Edens, though. :ph34r: :D

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
To be honest, I think that's a rumor that goes around every campus. Allegedly, my school was ranked two in a similiar playboy thing. I think it's the college equivilant of an urban legend. . .

it was though. They had a party for it and everything. I have a t-shirt from it.

QUOTE(KJean @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Woooah, I'm surprised there's quite a few Accounting/Finance majors here. Most of the time when people find out what I'm majoring in they gasp loudly and ask, "why the hell are you doing that?"

Umm...because I want to!

I get that all the time, but quite frankly there are so many opportunities. For me the only reason I'm doing finance is because I need 150 units to meet the requirements for the CPA exam in my state.

However, job market is unbelievably strong for accountants.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
Define s***hole?  It had carpeting and air conditioning...unlike Niles West.  I haven't been back since the early 90's, so I couldn't tell you if it's gotten worse.

It was fun hitting tennis balls onto the Edens, though. :ph34r:  :D

Well I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they haven't upgraded the place in a while. Yeah those tennis courts are weird, heh.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
reason i'm doing the whole business thing well is........because i want a job, :lol:

Then enjoy working in a cubicle most likely, unless you go to Grad School. I'd rather double major in Liberal Arts and test the employment waters before going on to Grad School. But then again, speaking two languages and specialzing in international economics and policy isn't as worthless as say Philosophy.

"But they're always hiring at the philosophy store!"

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
I will be applying to:

Grand Valley State University

St. Cloud State University

Rutgers University

University of Minnesota

Akron University

Just out of curiousity, are you going to visit all of these places? Because I've seen you and Keith have said you're looking at certain schools and I havent read anything about visiting anywhere.

IMO, you need to visit multiple schools to get a feel for the campus. You cant go to one place and say ok, I'm going here. Just because you hear good things doesnt mean you'll like it. You need to see the residence halls, food courts, rec centers and all the s*** on campus and s*** around campus.

Now, I just got back from Grand Valley State in Michigan, hoping I can play hockey there next year. Loved the campus and was able to compare it to Marquette, U of I, Millikin, and UIC. I'm starting to find what I like and dislike on campuses and what best suits my needs. Next week I'm going to visit Butler and see if I like it there.

You guys can apply all you want, but it's pointless if you havent been there.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)

I actually committed the unforgiveable sin of committing to a college that I'd never visted (in a state I'd never visited). My parents thought I was nuts, but it turned out well.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
it was though.  They had a party for it and everything.  I have a t-shirt from it.

Not according to playboy.com, from what I looked up, and it does mention the urban legend...

For years, Playboy has been the subject of an urban legend that consistently makes the rounds at the nation's college campuses. According to the legend, Playboy published a list of the colleges with the best-looking girls -- and students at every college believe their school appeared on that list. The story, alas, is all myth. Playboy has never published such a list.

Until now.

Playboy.com decided to turn an urban legend into reality with our first-ever ranking of the top 10 colleges with the best-looking girls. To create the list, we enlisted the help of the ultimate experts on gorgeous coeds: The photographers and photo editors of Playboy's college issues. In dozens of visits to American institutes of higher learning, they've earned their doctorates in prettiness -- sweet Southern belles from the SEC, suntanned babes from the Pac 10, brainy beauties from the Ivy League and more.

Besides polling our seven judges for their college picks, we asked them to give us the behind-the-scenes scoop on the creation of the college girls' pictorials. And we scored an exclusive interview with the King of College Girls David Chan -- who has been a photographer for almost every conference pictorial since they began in 1977.

On the pages of this feature, you'll meet the judges and see photos of girls from each of the top ten colleges. And the top ten colleges are:

10. University of Georgia

9. East Carolina

8. University of Colorado

7. University of Alabama

6. Florida State

5. University of Arizona

4. University of Florida

3. UCLA

2. Arizona State

1. University of Texas

http://www.playboy.com/on-campus/features/topten/

My former school is number six on this particular list.

I was once asked if money wasn't an issue, where would i have went to college?

I answered university of texas.

Great sports, great tradition, good weather, and ya know cowgirls = :D

I guess i'm a hillbilly at heart

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
I actually committed the unforgiveable sin of committing to a college that I'd never visted (in a state I'd never visited). My parents thought I was nuts, but it turned out well.

I did the same. I went to my freshmen orientation and was like ahhh so this is where Fullerton is (kind of pathetic, its only 20 minutes from my place and I'd never been).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
I did the same.  I went to my freshmen orientation and was like ahhh so this is where Fullerton is (kind of pathetic, its only 20 minutes from my place and I'd never been).

Me too.

I had never visited FSU before I went for orientation, and I then transferred to DePaul. Sadly, I had never stepped onto the DePaul campus, even though I'm a life-long Chicagoan, before orientation either.

I've done it twice and have enjoyed both college experiences.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
Just out of curiousity, are you going to visit all of these places?  Because I've seen you and Keith have said you're looking at certain schools and I havent read anything about visiting anywhere.

IMO, you need to visit multiple schools to get a feel for the campus.  You cant go to one place and say ok, I'm going here.  Just because you hear good things doesnt mean you'll like it.  You need to see the residence halls, food courts, rec centers and all the s*** on campus and s*** around campus.

Now, I just got back from Grand Valley State in Michigan, hoping I can play hockey there next year.  Loved the campus and was able to compare it to Marquette, U of I, Millikin, and UIC.  I'm starting to find what I like and dislike on campuses and what best suits my needs. Next week I'm going to visit Butler and see if I like it there. 

Well, I have scheduled visits to UMinn and Rutgers for next summer. Akron and GVSU for Spring Break but nothing for SCSU. FYI... :D

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
Well, I have scheduled visits to UMinn and Rutgers for next summer. Akron and GVSU for Spring Break but nothing for SCSU. FYI... :D

I thought about going to Rutgers for Grad school, but then I found out that it was in Jersey. :P

EDIT: UMN is a really nice campus--I think you'll like it a lot. When you go if you have any questions about fun things to do in the area let me know, I can tell you some neat stuff up in the cities.

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
I did the same.  I went to my freshmen orientation and was like ahhh so this is where Fullerton is (kind of pathetic, its only 20 minutes from my place and I'd never been).

I never visited Manchester before I went there either. I thought I was the only one dumb enough to do that... I feel better now :P

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 03:08 AM)
I never visited Manchester before I went there either.  I thought I was the only one dumb enough to do that... I feel better now :P

You sorry sap. That's what is the matter with you. And besides, you would have never met KAP! (Thought I was going to put my real name there, didn't ya?) Or, CHIP!