Official Game Thread, August 9th

Ishmookie

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Everett is back.

No reason what so ever unless its the last game of the season do you bat a man hitting .217BA/.582OPS in the number 5 spot. This manlove for Timo from Ozzie has got to stop. Timo can be on the team as a pinch hitter, maybe a replacment outfielder. But as a 1st baseman at one point, then as a DH this is beyond the call of reasonability.

Lets put some runs on the board. You cant win if you dont score more than at least 2.

LETS GO WHITESOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Hopefully Everett is back.

No reason what so ever unless its the last game of the season do you bat a man hitting .217BA/.582OPS in the number 5 spot.  This manlove for Timo from Ozzie has got to stop.  Timo can be on the team as a pinch hitter, maybe a replacment outfielder.  But as a 1st baseman at one point, then as a DH this is beyond the call of reasonability.

I'm not going to get into the arguement here, but this is precisely the reason why I've always wanted the guy off the roster. -- If he's on the roster, he's in danger of being used.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
I'm not going to get into the arguement here, but this is precisely the reason why I've always wanted the guy off the roster. -- If he's on the roster, he's in danger of being used.

Yeah, Timo was awful tonight going 2-4. Awful. I much preferred Iguchi's 0-4, or Crede's 0-3.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Yeah, Timo was awful tonight going 2-4. Awful. I much preferred Iguchi's 0-4, or Crede's 0-3.

You can use your small sample size 2-4.... One of which was a 200 ft. sidespinning shank of a ground rule double. -- and hang your hat on that.

He was 0-for-the-weekend, and we won. Maybe we're better when he doesn't hit. :rolly

I'll use the 'Doesn't hit for average. Doesn't hit for power. Doesn't have a batting eye. Doesn't have great defensive range. DOES have deceptively slow speed. DOES have a throwing arm.'

There isn't a team, or pitcher, in baseball who is sitting there think "Oh s***! I've gotta face Timo Perez tonight."

But yeah, that was a glorious 2-4.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
You can use your small sample size 2-4.... One of which was a 200 ft. sidespinning shank of a ground rule double. -- and hang your hat on that.

He was 0-for-the-weekend, and we won. Maybe we're better when he doesn't hit. :rolly

I'll use the 'Doesn't hit for average. Doesn't hit for power. Doesn't have a batting eye. Doesn't have great defensive range. DOES have deceptively slow speed. DOES have a throwing arm.'

There isn't a team, or pitcher, in baseball who is sitting there think "Oh s***! I've gotta face Timo Perez tonight."

But yeah, that was a glorious 2-4.

You're also using a small sample size when looking at his season stats. I don't agree with batting him 5th, but I don't want him off the roster, he's nice to put in when guys need rest, and a better bat than Willie Harris

Back to tomorow's game, I don't see any as must win, a win now or confidence from others that they can beat a team that might not even be in the playoffs won't mean jack in October. With such a great start and lead, and a great pitching staff, I don't see any must win situations coming up til October

Edited by 3 BeWareTheNewSox 5

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Back to tomorow's game, I don't see any as must win, a win now or confidence from others that they can beat a team that might not even be in the playoffs won't mean jack in October. With such a great start and lead, and a great pitching staff, I don't see any must win situations coming up til October

I really hope our team doesn't have your outlook, every teams goal should be to treat every game as a must win. So you don't think we must win as many games as possible until October? Just go in and do whatever if they win good if not oh well?? I don't think so. They better win tomorrow, the game after that, and that game after that one.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
I really hope our team doesn't have your outlook, every teams goal should be to treat every game as a must win. So you don't think we must win as many games as possible until October? Just go in and do whatever if they win good if not oh well?? I don't think so. They better win tomorrow, the game after that, and that game after that one.

You want to win every game and don't want to take it easy, but to say it's a must win and that this team will not succeed in the playoffs if they don't win tomorow? BS

Again. Every game is not a must win. The players on the fiels have to approach it to try and win, of course. But, it's what happens over the long haul that counts, at least till playoff time or the stretch drive, if necessary.

If Everett is back, I hope his return lights a fire under the ass of our offense. I think in the last 6 games we have scored 20 runs and Konerko has scored 9 of them. We need some help from the rest of the lineup especially Pods because he is the firecracker of our offense and Im pulling Podsednik the break out of his slump.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

Carl Everett (groin) said yesterday that he definitely won't be ready to play today.

''I wouldn't give it a date,'' Everett said. ''Basically, I'm just going to let it do what it does, and when it's ready, I'll be in there. I'm just listening to my body. If my body says I can go, I'll go. I just have a certain way I play, and I don't want to affect that.'' Aug. 9 - 9:40 am et

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:26 AM)
Carl Everett (groin) said yesterday that he definitely won't be ready to play today.

''I wouldn't give it a date,'' Everett said. ''Basically, I'm just going to let it do what it does, and when it's ready, I'll be in there. I'm just listening to my body. If my body says I can go, I'll go. I just have a certain way I play, and I don't want to affect that.'' Aug. 9 - 9:40 am et

This is stupid. If a player is going to be out for a week, then put him on the DL. We can then recall Gload or someone to provide a better DH option than Timo.

We did this with Ozuna earlier in the season. He was out for like 3 weeks and wasnt put on the DL.

More Timo as the DH. Our offense is batting .223 now over the last week without Everett.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
then...I hope Ozzie lights a fire under the ass of this offense.

He did that yesterday with his lineup changes and his insertion of Timo as the 5th hitter and DH.

Gload >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Timo as a DH

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)

To me, it doesn't sound like he'll be playing in any game in the near future. Might as well put him on the DL. This has become a glaring hole on our team, and I'm not sure what KW can do to fix it. We need all the offense we can get for the next 2 weeks. I pray that Ozzie doesn't think Timo is the full-time answer.

Also, what will we do about the DH spot against lefties? We're going to face a few tough ones in the next week or so, with Wells and Santana scheduled to face us. Blum's not exactly stellar vs lhp, while Timo is a disgrace vs lefties.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
We cant keep putting Timo as DH.  If Everett is out on the DL then I think Gload would be good at first and Konerko at DH so he can get some rest.  If not Id like to see Ozuna at DH today.  He hasnt seen any action in a couple of days.

Don't be foolish. Do you really think anyone in this organization favors Gload over Timo? NO! And as for Ozuna at DH....nothing like the added power from the DH spot. If Everett goes on the DL, something needs to be done. I think even the people who disagree with everything I say would be on the same page as me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Don't be foolish.  Do you really think anyone in this organization favors Gload over Timo?  NO!  And as for Ozuna at DH....nothing like the added power from the DH spot.  If Everett goes on the DL, something needs to be done.  I think even the people who disagree with everything I say would be on the same page as me.

Bernstein went on a 20 minute rant about the facts that...

a. Dmitri Young is going to be waived

b. the White Sox will get him

take it for what it's worth, please. i'm just the messenger.