Official Game Thread, August 9th

Ishmookie

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
I wonder how many pitches Chacon has thrown to Tino tonight.

5 this at bat thus far...I've always wondered why they don't compile those numbers with the pitch counts...1b is the same distance from the mound as home plate.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
Wow, some terrific pitches to hit for Iguchi.  I haven't really thought of it this year, but he's a better low ball hitter than high ball, isn't he?

Without a doubt, he goes through a lot of high fastballs. Guy just knows how to hit though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
Well Buck's played mostly everyday, Murhpy is at the moment, don't know if Ruben Gotay is much better.

I should have put "one of the worst" instead of the worst. I honestly had no clue that Crede's OPS was as high as it is now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Wow, some terrific pitches to hit for Iguchi.  I haven't really thought of it this year, but he's a better low ball hitter than high ball, isn't he?

He likes pitches up and away that he can drive out to right.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Without a doubt, he goes through a lot of high fastballs.  Guy just knows how to hit though.

No doubt.

And not to call anybody out, but wasn't there a thread about 2 weeks ago asking for willie harris to start ahead of him? :unsure:

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
And not to call anybody out, but wasn't there a thread about 2 weeks ago asking for willie harris to start ahead of him?    :unsure:

LOL - yes.

And even me, the Willie lover I am, saw the idiocy in that.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
I should have put "one of the worst" instead of the worst.  I honestly had no clue that Crede's OPS was as high as it is now.

Just imagine what that OPS would be if he didn't have that bad May.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
Our boy Sweeney just hit a 3 run bomb...

KC 4

CLE 0

-Bot 2nd

Awesome. The yahoo page was stuck on him for a while. Why in the world would they pitch to him with first base open and a lefty up next vs Lee? That's as bad as anything Ozzie has done all year.