Grossman's Season Basically Over

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
actaully i really am said..because i wanted to see what rex can do, now if it was cullpepper than i would be happy

Me too :lolhitting but i dont think he is going to be good this year he has no one to throw to.

I can't say how sad I am. I stumbled onto chicagosports.com to read the game recap for the Sox game (had a conference all day today) and see this news.

I damn near started crying. I was so excited Rex was finally going to have a healthy season. This kills me, but I do have faith in Hutch. He played well last year and has some damn good tools. Looked good in the 1st preseason game (haven't seen todays) and well if the defense steps up and the rest of the offense picks up the pieces (plus I Think Turner will better protect the vulnerable qb's) than the Bears may be alright, but I don't know well they could do and they could very well tank the season and just suck (but I can't see that happening, the defense is going to win them some games).

As far as backups, I'm comfortable with Hutch and quite frankly we may see Orton but it won't be until the Bears are out of the playoff race (if that happens) or if Hutch sucks or if he gets hurt.

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
Overreactors.  For all anyone knows he is out 3 months and will only miss half the season.  THe defense looks great and so does the pass pro, which is GREAT because Hutchinson is very solid if he has time to throw.

3 Months best case scenario. Best case scenario never works out for the Bears. Plus they wouldn't want to rush him with his injury problems. We're talking at least 4 months. By then, the Bears won't play him towards the end of the season. Probably because someone will be leading them farther than Grossman ever took them or they'll suck so much that Orton will be getting his PT.

I always got my Dallas Cowboys. Anyone want to jump on the bandwagon??

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
I always got my Dallas Cowboys. Anyone want to jump on the bandwagon??

Yep, we've actually got a good version of Jones to root for (and I ain't talkin bout Jerry).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Yep, we've actually got a good version of Jones to root for (and I ain't talkin bout Jerry).

Haha, yep. I love Julius. I honestly thought he would be a bust considering the mediocre career he had at ND. And I think Drew Bledsoe will make the Bears pissed that they passed on him a couple of years back. They have nice WR's and a revamped line. Rivera is an anchor on the O-Line. Their defense should be better. 10-6 season IMO.

MOTHERf***ER! That f***ing sucks. They said sprained ankle...bulls***. I was hoping for him to miss a game or 2 and come back. 2-4 months, god damn. I feel so sorry for Rex. Horrible luck in his NFL career. Hutchinson or Orton better ste up big...and please, PLEASE don't turn this into a f***ing Dallas Cowboys thread.

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 03:49 AM)
Overreactors.  For all anyone knows he is out 3 months and will only miss half the season.  THe defense looks great and so does the pass pro, which is GREAT because Hutchinson is very solid if he has time to throw.

I think Grossman is toast for this year.

But, I do agree with you that the season isn't over. We're not really built on offense, anyways, it'll come down to our defense, which is no big surprise to anyone here.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
Haha, yep. I love Julius. I honestly thought he would be a bust considering the mediocre career he had at ND. And I think Drew Bledsoe will make the Bears pissed that they passed on him a couple of years back. They have nice WR's and a revamped line. Rivera is an anchor on the O-Line. Their defense should be better. 10-6 season IMO.

RT is a HUGE position for them. If Jacob Rogers can step up, they'll be much better on offense.

Kind of like the Bears with Fred Miller really.

3 Months best case scenario. Best case scenario never works out for the Bears. Plus they wouldn't want to rush him with his injury problems. We're talking at least 4 months.

You aren't a doctor. They say 3-4 months, it could be three just as easily as it could be four. It could be two and it could be five as well.

By then, the Bears won't play him towards the end of the season. Probably because someone will be leading them farther than Grossman ever took them or they'll suck so much that Orton will be getting his PT.

Someone leading them? If he is healthy I will bet you anything he will play. But way too much is unknown right now.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
I think Grossman is toast for this year.

But, I do agree with you that the season isn't over.  We're not really built on offense, anyways, it'll come down to our defense, which is no big surprise to anyone here.

They need some resemblence of offense at least. I mean you want Benson in camp right now, so you can control the football more, and keep that defense fresh on the sidelines.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
RT is a HUGE position for them. If Jacob Rogers can step up, they'll be much better on offense.

Miller is a proven veteran. Don't know to much about Jacob Rogers. But staying on topic of the Bears and Grossman, it is just f***ing horrible. I lay back to watch "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" and come back to an Ugly, Uglier, and Ugliest.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
They need some resemblence of offense at least. I mean you want Benson in camp right now, so you can control the football more, and keep that defense fresh on the sidelines.

Jones has been playing very well so far. If Benson doesn't start, I wont be complaining about it. s***, I wanted Williams or Edwards anyway.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
Jones has been playing very well so far. If Benson doesn't start, I wont be complaining about it. s***, I wanted Williams or Edwards anyway.

Thomas Jones is Thomas Jones. He's not a power running back which is the type of running game Ron Turner wants. Sure he may have a good game or 2, but will he do it consistently? No.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 13, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Thomas Jones is Thomas Jones. He's not a power running back which is the type of running game Ron Turner wants. Sure he may have a good game or 2, but will he do it consistently? No.

He was very consistent last year. If the OC knew how to call plays and the entire O-Line wasn't s*** last season with injuries, he would have had well over a grand in yardage. Plus he missed 2 games with injury. f***ING COCK MONEY MOTHERf***ER IM PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW! :angry:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)

Yep. As far as Thomas Jones. He's a good back, but the knock is he always gets injured and he isn't a power runner. He's more of a scheme guy. He fit very well in Shea's offense. Like I said before. I think Shea got too much blame last year. Benson is needed for the power running Turner wants.