Official Game thread, 8/16/05

Balta1701

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
There aren't a whole lot of offensive options out there. There is a reason a lot of those people went unclaimed. It'd be nice to get Griffey, but he can't make the owner give him up.

Get back to the bench Ozzie :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
Get back to the bench Ozzie :D

any bets on anderson today? ill say he goes 2-4 with a double

edit on second thought 4 ABs means we would have to reach base 8 times....so ill scratch that and say 1-3

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
youd almost rather radke stayed in there though with this bullpen

I don't quite think that actually, the Twinkies could use say a Terry Mulholland and Jesse Crain has hardly been all that great in the last few months. Radke has something like a 2.25 ERA after the ASG however...........

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
I don't quite think that actually, the Twinkies could use say a Terry Mulholland and Jesse Crain has hardly been all that great in the last few months. Radke has something like a 2.25 ERA after the ASG however...........

dang, didnt realize radke had cranked it up after the first half. he really was pretty damn good last year, and has throughout his career been pretty darn underrated imo

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
I don't think I can watch nine innings of this.

Milkman told me to take a week off from watching the Sox, as they'd only drive me nuts. I can't do that, but I wonder how he's doing not watching the games.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
dang, didnt realize radke had cranked it up after the first half. he really was pretty damn good last year, and has throughout his career been pretty darn underrated imo

In outdoor games this season however his ERA was 4.75 IIRC, hopefully we can eventually get on him, it may take someone like Anderson to spark us.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
Milkman told me to take a week off from watching the Sox, as they'd only drive me nuts.  I can't do that, but I wonder how he's doing not watching the games.

This happened to me last year, too. I know this will sound silly, but I just hit a wall around late-August where I need to not watch them for a week or two.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Just wait for Francisco Liriano in the next few years. = Johan Jr.

They dropped the ball on Liriano. He should have been up a month ago or better. They'd still have a fighting chance then.

Prediction: Juan Uribe and Brian Anderson get hits, but Timo gets the praise for driving in a run with a sac fly.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
They dropped the ball on Liriano. He should have been up a month ago or better. They'd still have a fighting chance then.

Prediction: Juan Uribe and Brian Anderson get hits, but Timo gets the praise for driving in a run with a sac fly.

He'll be up next season in all likelihood anyways with Scott Baker, when Joe Mays won't be back and Kyle Lohse is a good candiate to get traded for some offensive help.