Nice Job Jenks!

LowerCaseRepublican

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
He was dominant tonight. Twins hitters were literally walking to the dugout shaking their heads. It was pretty sweet to see. Then the 16th hit.

Jon Adkins came into the game....

His ERA sits now at a sweet 17.18

Tra-WO-HTEE.jpg

Edited by southsideirish71

I wonder if he'll ever be able to start at the ML level. He proved tonight that he can throw his heat for at least 3 innings, and he's still very young. If he could start down the road, he'd help make the Sox rotation even more formidable. I know the Sox see him as their future closer and that he's had trouble in starting roles in the minors, but other prospects whose organizations viewed them as closers have become starters after having problems in starting roles.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
I wonder if he'll ever be able to start at the ML level. He proved tonight that he can throw his heat for at least 3 innings, and he's still very young. If he could start down the road, he'd help make the Sox rotation even more formidable. I know the Sox see him as their future closer and that he's had trouble in starting roles in the minors, but other prospects whose organizations viewed them as closers have become starters after having problems in starting roles.

He has had some injuries, a stress fracture last year and he has a pin in his arm. I dont see his arm holding up with lots of innings and the stress of throwing that fastball.

For the long term its best to use him in a short relief role.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)

Jenks started out in the Angels system as a starter but I doubt he will ever start again

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 03:44 AM)
Jenks started out in the Angels system as a starter but I doubt he will ever start again

Yes, he did . Scouting reports buzzed that he had incredible talent (as we can witness) but that he would always have the problem of his weight causing him to not have the stamina to pitch into the later innings. Interestingly, they never considered the relief role. It has taken the stamina problem out of the equation, leaving Bobby with the pure magic we see now.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

I thought that the bullpen as a whole was pretty good last night, outside of Hermanson and Adkins. We could doubt Ozzies management of the bullpen, but he was managing for a win (Marte, Politte combining for 1 IP), and Hermanson blew it. I only wish we could have seen Jenks try and shut it down instead of Hermanson. Its time to figure out whats wrong with Hermanson and sit his ass until its right.

I was pretty shocked to see Jenks for a 3rd inning but I didn't question the move. Ozzie knew as soon as he brought in Adkins the game would be over . He kept Jenks on the hill in the hopes the meager Sox offense could scratch out a run . Didn't pan out. I was extremey pleased with Jenks. He got out of a nice little jam one inning with a man on 3rd and 1 out.

Bobby was absolutely incredible. Even the leadoff double to Mauer...which wasn't entirely his fault...he got around it like it was nothing.

I swear, when that guy throws strikes with that fastball...there's only a couple of hitters in all of baseball who can beat him.

ok, this is for lowecaserepublican and has nothing to do with baseball. just saw the sig and thought i should announce my corresponding love of Hunter. I actually went to his house once a couple years back and hung out with his maid. MY dad and his girlfriend were good friends with him and are attending his big ceremony in aspen this weekend in which they will shoot his ashes out of a cannon shaped like the gonzo fist. id kill to get one of those tickets but there are only a couple hundred and im not anywhere close to being on the list. ill make my dad take some pictures though and try to post them somewhere.