Steroid Announcement Friday?

spataro51

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(spataro51 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
perfectly said rex!  my god some people just jump on others for the littlest things like they are so much better then others. people need to learn to relax.

Sorry, spataro, but what you did was repeat a rumor that two very prominent players would be suspended for steroid use, and you named names. That post you made was spread throughout the Internet (I've seen the links to Soxtalk) and may very well have been the source for further reports on radio, etc.

Roger Clemens is one of the three greatest pitchers in the history of the Major Leagues. If you were a journalist making that report, you'd be subject to a libel claim - that's not the "littlest thing."

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
Sorry, spataro, but what you did was repeat a rumor that two very prominent players would be suspended for steroid use, and you named names.  That post you made was spread throughout the Internet (I've seen the links to Soxtalk) and may very well have been the source for further reports on radio, etc. 

Roger Clemens is one of the three greatest pitchers in the history of the Major Leagues.  If you were a journalist making that report, you'd be subject to a libel claim - that's not the "littlest thing."

that's why he's posting on a message board not writing for a big newspaper

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Sorry, spataro, but what you did was repeat a rumor that two very prominent players would be suspended for steroid use, and you named names.  That post you made was spread throughout the Internet (I've seen the links to Soxtalk) and may very well have been the source for further reports on radio, etc. 

Roger Clemens is one of the three greatest pitchers in the history of the Major Leagues.  If you were a journalist making that report, you'd be subject to a libel claim - that's not the "littlest thing."

Well, then I guess it's a good thing that he's not a journalist, isn't it?

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)

you know what

i am not even going to get into this with you, because you are not worth it. you act like you were told something from someone and they were never wrong. my god i post 1 thing about something i was told and i believed to be true and at least this point it doesn't pan out, you act like i was trying to ruin mlb or something by making up lies.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)

I don't know what to make of the rumor, but I think the idea that this all started with Soxtalk is downright laughable. Maybe it's silly, but I believe most journalists are halfway competent and halfway honest. Repeating anything from spataro's post is not much better than just making s*** up out of thin air.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
I don't know what to make of the rumor, but I think the idea that this all started with Soxtalk is downright laughable.  Maybe it's silly, but I believe most journalists are halfway competent and halfway honest.  Repeating anything from spataro's post is not much better than just making s*** up out of thin air.

Micheal Kay also hinted about this rumor back on August 11th. There is 0 chance any of this originated from Soxtalk.

Wow BB... I'm quite flattered that you took all that time to respond. I can imagine you sitting there giddy like a school boy. :lol:

As for my "name dropping"... I wont apologize for who I know and associate with. If you don't like it, don't read it. It's as simple as that. Or continue to b**** and whine about it. Whatever floats your boat.

As for repeating things I've been told or heard... that's my business and I don't really understand your morbid facination with what I do. It's funny how you kept quiet until I wouldn't reveal any names... but I'm sure you were reading this thread just as everyone else was. Shame on me for incinuating... LMAO. Shame on you for reading it then, eh? Hypocrite.

And as for this rumor starting here... no, it didn't. This rumor was on the east coast well over a week ago.

And for the record.. he did name names. Lots of them. ;)

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN ICE BURN

LMAO...

What a life.

Get over it people. Its not like Soxtalk was the only place discussing this rumor. Sure it was one of the places it originated (but their was at least some smoke to this and who knows, something may still happen...I guess we'll see).

However, I don't like it when respectable posters say something trying to pass us information and get burned. They aren't Bruce Levine (Who people love to rip because he gives us rumors that don't come true...doesn't mean that the stuff he hears isn't true either).

I love the fact that people are willing to share stuff with us here and ripping people for doing that just isn't cool in my book.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 09:55 AM)
Get over it people.  Its not like Soxtalk was the only place discussing this rumor.  Sure it was one of the places it originated (but their was at least some smoke to this and who knows, something may still happen...I guess we'll see).

However, I don't like it when respectable posters say something trying to pass us information and get burned.  They aren't Bruce Levine (Who people love to rip because he gives us rumors that don't come true...doesn't mean that the stuff he hears isn't true either). 

I love the fact that people are willing to share stuff with us here and ripping people for doing that just isn't cool in my book.

And all that does is encourage people not to post what they know, which I know for a fact has started to happen with many posters. By being ignorant about stuff like this, it is everybody who misses out on what is going on, because no one wants to share info. It makes it not worth it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
However, I don't like it when respectable posters say something trying to pass us information and get burned.  They aren't Bruce Levine (Who people love to rip because he gives us rumors that don't come true...doesn't mean that the stuff he hears isn't true either). 

I think there is a real difference between sharing a trade rumor, a rumor about a guy being signed as a free agent, or a guy getting promoted from AA to AAA than to say someone has tested positive for steroids - a fact that, as far as I know, is about as tightly guarded a secret there is in MLB. The same would be true if someone was spreading a rumor that someone was using cocaine, has beaten their girlfriend, etc.

And, as the owner of this site, you should know that you might have some legal exposure as well for allowing those types of rumor to be spread.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
I think there is a real difference between sharing a trade rumor, a rumor about a guy being signed as a free agent, or a guy getting promoted from AA to AAA than to say someone has tested positive for steroids - a fact that, as far as I know, is about as tightly guarded a secret there is in MLB.  The same would be true if someone was spreading a rumor that someone was using cocaine, has beaten their girlfriend, etc.

And, as the owner of this site, you should know that you might have some legal exposure as well for allowing those types of rumor to be spread.

How about you stop worrying about Soxtalk's potential legal problems? It would also be appreciated if you would lay off people who try and contribute information to Soxtalk that may not be out there in the main stream media. Sometimes, this type of info is correct and sometimes it's not. That's the nature of the beast.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
I think there is a real difference between sharing a trade rumor, a rumor about a guy being signed as a free agent, or a guy getting promoted from AA to AAA than to say someone has tested positive for steroids - a fact that, as far as I know, is about as tightly guarded a secret there is in MLB.  The same would be true if someone was spreading a rumor that someone was using cocaine, has beaten their girlfriend, etc.

you are aware that this is a public message board right?? Maybe you are lost....

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 05:22 AM)
Sometimes, this type of info is correct and sometimes it's not. 

And, we still don't know actually anything. An announcement could be made today, tomorrow, 6 months from now, etc. Maybe they'll wait five years, and just as Roger is about to make his HOF induction speech, someone from Price Waterhouse will step onto the stage and announce the results of his 2005 pee test. Cue Peter Gammons chinless wimpering.

Except for when the original poster said "Clemens and Damon" and you said in so many words that "Ferguson Jenkins conversation with Jim sounded a lot like what you said." But no, you never named names.

Except for all the names you consistently drop on this board (either to give yourself credibility or make you feel good about yourself).

Oh, and spreading rumors on an Internet board is not a disservice to the people who read it?  Look at the length of this thread - people were excited/worked up by this rumor.  As one poster noted, the first source for the Clemens & Damon thing was an Internet board, not a media source.  You think people don't read these and repeat rumors?  It's irresponsible, especially if you "know people." 

How do you think Jenkins would feel if he knew you had said "alumni get a lot of info about steroid testing" and that you danced around whether he named names?  And don't give us that "I never said anything about what he said" bullcrap.  Everyone reading this thread thought that Jenkins had given up names that you weren't revealing.

As far as I'm concerned, the people saying that Clemens and Damon tested positive libeled them.

Play nice, Black Betsy. :nono

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
May I ask, whyClemens would be so shocking?

The guy has gotten bigger and bigger as he's gotten older and older. He's over 40 and still huge. How about the 'intensity' on the mound? Intensity is one thing, throwing a broken bat at Piazza for no reason could be roid rage.

I essentially said the same thing on another board about Clemens and got my ass blistered for it. I'm sticking with my perception.

The guy has Bonds syndrome. Big, mean, surly and getting older/better. Screw these cheaters.

QUOTE(bkmoney @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
Wait hold on now. Selig was on PTI last week I think and they asked him if there were any more big names that have tested postive, and he said specificly said there was one young player who had tested positive. Now was Selig just not telling everything? or is this report not true? Because there haven't been any more announcements to my knowledge about that player. The appeal process must have been very very fast for the stories to work together.

.... if Bud didn't deny "others" then what he said about one young player could just be considered "evasive dialogue". It's like switching gears.

" are there any more big names......"

" there is one young player "

non denial denial.

• 6 months later...

This is the post they should have quoted.. :lol:

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 10:52 AM)

On Conan he said he's the same size now as he was at 13.

DAMN his nuts must be TINY AS f***