Matt Smith outrighted to Charlotte...

GoSoxGo

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Budget?  Bellhorn was designated for assignment and the season is almost over.  It would only cost us $725,000 to claim him.  That doesn't seem like a lot of money to me if Crede has a broken finger or wrist that will make him miss the rest of the season.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view...557&format=text

By the way, Bellhorn isn't exactly a "masher."  He draws walks and hits doubles and a few homeruns.  Crede is more of a "masher" than Bellhorn is.  I would rather see Bellhorn's bat and OBP at the bottom of our lineup than either Crede's or Blum's.  If Crede's hand is truly injured and he is going to miss an extended period of time, I would be claiming Bellhorn off waivers right about now.  With Matt Smith being outrighted to Charlotte, we do have the extra space on the 40-man roster to claim him.

You are an idiot. Read my post. Mashers, Meaning A-rod, Sheffield, Manny, Ortiz, etc. These are mashers we cant afford. I never ever would lump Bellhorn in with that group. He is a castoff player who is not wanted by anyone at this point. His plan to Japan is boarding soon.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)
Whats so comical about this entire thing with Crede is that alot of times people will discard how bad a players been by simply looking at a certain month that he excellend in; there is no such month for Joe Crede.  The guy is hornary, won't shortern his swing, and is an automatic out.

But he does play some solid defense  :headshake

Im not sure you would know what solid defense is at this point. Crede has been playing gold glove caliber defense for the sox for years now. Where have you been? Watching Manny cut off the cut off?

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 03:40 AM)
Bellhorn got injured with a sprained thumb and struggled to hit so he was placed on the DL.  The Red Sox traded for Tony Graffanino as a replacement and he is currently playing way above his head so they have no need for Bellhorn now.  Look at Bellhorn's stats last season for Boston.  They also speak for itself.  Bellhorn does not possess the glove that Crede has but he is damn sure better at the plate.  Crede couldn't sniff the OBP that Bellhorn can put up.

There you go, you already proved why we arent going to get bellhorn. His defense at 3rd base sucks. Ozzie will not have it, and if he doesnt want him, we wont get him. Its not even worth discussing.

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:03 AM)
By the way, are you Hawk Harrelson? Would you rather have Aaron Rowand over Ken Griffey? :lol:

But seriously, have you been watching Crede at the plate the past two seasons?  I just don't see how anyone could defend him.  His bat is so bad that he is a defensive replacement in my mind.  I would never wish injury on anyone but sadly, if Crede is hurt and Blum replaces him full-time at 3rd base it would actually be an improvement to the bottom of our lineup.

Joe Crede:  .251 career AVG | .300 career OBP

Geoff Blum:  .253 career AVG | .316 career OBP

And Blum was brought here to be a BACKUP 3rd baseman!

By the way, are you Jabroni? Cause your IP's match.

Buh bye.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Not to steal your thunder, Sir Heads, but I was about to post a nice, friendly hello to Aidan last evening.

Who else could come in and write 3,000 non-sensical posts in two days?

ss2K?

:D :P

He was acting way too strange for a newbie. It kinda makes sense when you think about it.