Getting in trouble

Stocking

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend is awesome:

"so yesterday i totally got yelled at for watching the sox game at work"

"but yeah...you should be proud of yourself and the job you've done on turning me into a white sox fan-and don't you dare say i'm a bandwagon fan or any of that crap-i did it for you"

"i don't even watch the cubs too much anymore-half the time i usually watch the sox games so i know what kind of a mood you're going to be in"

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
I feel your pain.

My Extra Innings package only works on one TV in the house, the one with teh digital box.  Of course that's teh TV that gets all thestuff my wife wants to watch diring the games and so my monopolizing of the TV during baseball season has been the source of considerable friction.

Watching the spectacular Freddie and Santana pitcher's duel the other night, my wife complained that "There's nothing happening" and "why can't we switch to something else?"!!!

SnB, do you think your girlfiend can give my wife a call and tell her how things are supposed to work?

I have the EXACT same problem. Last year was horrible, it was nearly a nightly battle for the TV. This year, for whatever reason, things have actually gotten a bit better and she's willing to watch more games. She told me to get another cable box before this season started, which I failed to do, so I figured this year would be worse. Although the wife would never admit it, I really think she's starting to enjoy watching some of the games.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
All of my gf's have always complained with me about that.  My most recent one learned that though and knew not to call during the Sox games, haha.  I don't know if thats a good thing or a scary thing.

Chisoxfn's last girlfriend: C'mon babe, we've got about 3 hours. He's watching the White Sox again.

Chisoxfn: (2hrs 20 mins later) Ah Ha! Caught ya in the act!

Girlfriend: What happened? I thought the Sox were playing.

Chisoxfn: Buehrle pitched tonight.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
Chisoxfn's last girlfriend:  C'mon babe, we've got about 3 hours.  He's watching the White Sox again.

Girlfriend: What happened?  I thought the Sox were playing.

Chisoxfn:  Buehrle pitched tonight.

:lolhitting :lolhitting

Good one YAS.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 03:54 AM)
Chisoxfn's last girlfriend:  C'mon babe, we've got about 3 hours.  He's watching the White Sox again.

Girlfriend: What happened?  I thought the Sox were playing.

Chisoxfn:  Buehrle pitched tonight.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
All of my gf's have always complained with me about that.  My most recent one learned that though and knew not to call during the Sox games, haha.  I don't know if thats a good thing or a scary thing.

It was a Sox - n - Roll broadcast that started a chain of events that led me to finally kick my most recent ex to the curb.

GF: "How can you listen to those drunk assholes talk s*** and swear for 3 hours?"

ME: "Those drunk assholes are good friends of mine so watch it."

GF: "You need new friends."

ME: "Look. I dont talk s*** about those stuck up, petty, b****es you call friends so Id appreciate the same courtesy about mine."

and on and on and on.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
It was a Sox - n - Roll broadcast that started a chain of events that led me to finally kick my most recent ex to the curb. 

GF:  "How can you listen to those drunk assholes talk s*** and swear for 3 hours?"

ME:  "Those drunk assholes are good friends of mine so watch it."

GF:  "You need new friends."

ME:  "Look.  I dont talk s*** about those stuck up, petty, b****es you call friends so Id appreciate the same courtesy about mine."

and on and on and on.

you didn't shoot her too did you?

:P

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
ME:  "Look.  I dont talk s*** about those stuck up, petty, b****es you call friends so Id appreciate the same courtesy about mine."

Are you calling the fine S&R crew stuck up, petty, b****es?!? :P

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
Are you calling the fine S&R crew stuck up, petty, b****es?!?  :P

I was telling her to lay off my friends if she wanted me to lay off of hers there professor.

:P

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

My last boyfriend hated baseball--but would pretend to not mind it when I wanted to watch. But I always would go alone to games (or with my Twins' fan best friend and her brother), and he could be conned into watching some playoff games. And, of course, he did enjoy the benefits of the Sox winning a game and my consequent good mood. But I kept my mouth shut about all of his gigs and he kept his shut about games.

Before that I dated a ball player, so that was fine.

And in the middle I dated, well, an idiot. He didn't like baseball, but did like beer (obviously he was a Cubs' fan--yeah, I dated one. Ooops) so he would go to games. But he usually would drink then go talk on his cell. That didn't last long.

Sometimes my friends will give me grief about it--but for the most part they just ask me how the Sox are doing.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
My girlfriend has become a Sox fan just for me. :P I bought her a Sox Pride wristband and she actually wears it a lot. And tonight, after we uh you know, she fell asleep with me and I casually reached for the remote and watched the Sox game.

:rolly