**Official 8/31/05 Game Thread**

Brian

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(infohawk @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
You need to get back on.  A 5-5 road trip isn't a disaster.  There will be plenty of time to jump off the bandwagon if the Sox look like they are tanking by the middle of September.

7 runs in 1 inning to tie it.....aint no thang

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
i agree ozzie needs to get pissed. no more of this oh well we just didnt hit today but thats ok cuz cliff politte gave me one good inning......he needs whip this team into playin with some sort of urgency

He can start by getting pissed at himself. Fielding a crappy lineup and leaving El Duque in too long.

pitchers for every are tired.

You think pitching in October will be easy?

The only good thing about this slump is that it's going to put some pressure on Kenny Willliams to make some kind of a move.

He doesn't have many options, considering every team except St. Louis gets a cracked at guys on waivers before we do.

But we were flat out awful in this series against the 8th or 9th best team in the league.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
He can start by getting pissed at himself. Fielding a crappy lineup and leaving El Duque in too long.

This might be the best post I've seen on here in a long time. Concise, and 100 pct accurate. Our slumps starts at the top, and that's with Ozzie.

If anyone is interested, I started a College Football Pick Em on yahoo fantasy sports. It's free, just have to have a Yahoo! ID.

Private group name is Soxtalk.com

password is konerko

The most we can have is 50 people play. Confidence point system

I know it is kind of late notice but I just got the urge! Sign up fast!!!!

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)

im less upset with el duque.....he was pitching well, then just fell apart....quickly....so nobody was warm. maybe he should have gotten him before soriano, but even still we woulda lost.....however, it is inexcusable to sit pods, iguchi and carl everett who yesterday batted 1-2-3 all in the same game

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
WOW.... I mean.....

Ozzie needs to yell, throw, maybe just out right release Timo (I know he wont) to send a message

He just let Carl Everett sit on the bench, while Timo was up late with men on.

Carl Everett or Timo

So again you think that the sox should release Timo. Great Idea, Paul Konerko is more likely to get released than Timo though.

QUOTE(infohawk @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
You need to get back on.  A 5-5 road trip isn't a disaster.  There will be plenty of time to jump off the bandwagon if the Sox look like they are tanking by the middle of September.

In actuality, I can't fall off...my credit card is being rung-up for $5405 dollars as we speak :D

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
If anyone is interested, I started a College Football Pick Em on yahoo fantasy sports. It's free, just have to have a Yahoo! ID.

Private group name is Soxtalk.com

password is konerko

The most we can have is 50 people play. Confidence point system

I know it is kind of late notice but I just got the urge! Sign up fast!!!!

You need a Group ID#

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
im less upset with el duque.....he was pitching well, then just fell apart....quickly....so nobody was warm. maybe he should have gotten him before soriano, but even still we woulda lost.....however, it is inexcusable to sit pods, iguchi and carl everett who yesterday batted 1-2-3 all in the same game

I still question why El Duque was left in to start the sixth, but this game is officially off of Ozzie's shoulders. Just bad pitching and no offense. One more day until September. Hopefully we can put August behind us and get back to our winning ways.