**Official 8/31/05 Game Thread**

Brian

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
This is a brutal lineup.  Why Willie why?  The last thing our offense needs is someone who's even less productive than anyone else we've been putting on the field.  The sad thing is I complimented Ozzie on the lineup he used for the 2nd game last night.  Then, he goes out and puts up basically the equivalent of a 2nd game of the DH lineup.  How come no other team sits out 3 starters on such a weekly basis?

If we blow this lead down the stretch, I think you can point to games like this where we seem to rest 1/2 the lineup at the same time.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
Pods just got off the DL yesterday and spent the entire day running around. I didn't expect him in the lineup today.

Everett is hitting .249 vs RHP this year and has played in 10 straight games, not to mention both games of a DH yesterday.

Iguchi hasn't looked right latley, he looks worn down, even with all the days off he's gotten. He's been particularly bad in the field.

Are you stealing signs again. Way to totally steal my thunder and opportunity at a comeback. But yeah, what he said.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
This is a brutal lineup.  Why Willie why?  The last thing our offense needs is someone who's even less productive than anyone else we've been putting on the field.  The sad thing is I complimented Ozzie on the lineup he used for the 2nd game last night.  Then, he goes out and puts up basically the equivalent of a 2nd game of the DH lineup.  How come no other team sits out 3 starters on such a weekly basis?

Maybe they should let El Duque hit, and DH for Harris.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
If we blow this lead down the stretch, I think you can point to games like this where we seem to rest 1/2 the lineup at the same time.

What are we going to do, bench Iguchi every other day if he continues to struggle? Even Iguchi on his worst days is a bigger offensive contributor than Willie is. Please.....will the Todd Walker rumors be true!

The big problem I have with this awful lineup today is that we're likely going to use an awful lineup next Monday in Boston. I'm just not a fan of giving less than your best in terms of talent twice in six games. Also, if I remember correctly, Ozzie used a pretty poor lineup on Sunday in Seattle also.