Official Game Thread 9/2

RME JICO

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be there tonight. Sans mullets. :)

Although, I hope this won't be a case of getting shut out after scoring a lot of runs the previous night. It was the first time scoring 10+ runs in a game since July 25. Plus, Freddy's pitching at home.

I might need to do a lot of this :drink

BTW, If anyone wants an extra Core of The Core ticket, PM me. It includes a parking pass.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
why no Iguchi? Is he late again? :bang

Tonight's Lineup

Pods, LF ... Ozuna, 3B ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... Rowand, CF ... Dye, RF ... AJ, C ... Uribe, SS ... Harris, 2B ... Garcia, RHP.

Maybe he wants to stick with the same lineup that gave him 18 hits and 12 runs yesterday.

I for one am not going to complain, Iguchi could use some time off and the way that this lineup performed last night, I can't doubt them.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Maybe he wants to stick with the same lineup that gave him 18 hits and 12 runs yesterday.

I for one am not going to complain, Iguchi could use some time off and the way that this lineup performed last night, I can't doubt them.

Iguchi drove in 2 with a single last night, too.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:40 PM)
why no Iguchi? Is he late again? :bang

Tonight's Lineup

Pods, LF ... Ozuna, 3B ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... Rowand, CF ... Dye, RF ... AJ, C ... Uribe, SS ... Harris, 2B ... Garcia, RHP.

This is a good lineup while everyone is hitting. Ozuna has been getting hits basically every game he plays, and Rowand is a great hitter in the #5 spot. I also like Harris in the #9 spot more than Uribe there.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
This is a good lineup while everyone is hitting.  Ozuna has been getting hits basically every game he plays, and Rowand is a great hitter in the #5 spot.  I also like Harris in the #9 spot more than Uribe there.

Ozuna struggles against righties. However, I do like the idea of keeping the same lineup after a good hitting night.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
This is a good lineup while everyone is hitting.  Ozuna has been getting hits basically every game he plays, and Rowand is a great hitter in the #5 spot.  I also like Harris in the #9 spot more than Uribe there.

I prefer Iguchi hitting behind pods, always. I just like the dynamic and think it works. Obviously there is a good reason for him not starting tonight, so let's hope Willie strings together some more good AB's. I thought DJ made a good point last night that Harris is trying to turn on more balls and becoming more aggressive, rather than trying to slap the ball around. Works for me! :drink

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
I prefer Iguchi hitting behind pods, always. I just like the dynamic and think it works. Obviously there is a good reason for him not starting tonight, so let's hope Willie strings together some more good AB's. I thought DJ made a good point last night that Harris is trying to turn on more balls and becoming more aggressive, rather than trying to slap the ball around. Works for me!  :drink

Yeah, I absolutely hate when Harris just tries to glide the ball tot he opposite field. He's not skilled enough at that to do it successfully. I noticed that he was using more of a leg kick last night (as is Uribe), and seemed to be generating more bat speed.

I don't want to call out certain posters(:P), but it appears the pitcher some annointed the "real deal" is infact the soft tossing pile of crap I witnesed in his last start against us.

What made him different from other pitchers who've dominated our pathetic offense is our hitters beat themselves. They watched hanging slider after hanging slider cross the strike zone while flailing at offspeed pitches in the dirt. Most telling was his changeup differential from his fastball was no more than 8 miles per hour. He was throwing pure junk, and it looks like the numbers prove it.

Douglass is in danger of losing his starters position on a team going nowhere. Tigers organization considers him their 5th starter for a reason. Last six starts, Douglass surrendered less than 4 earned runs ONCE. That one club was Seattle--others were contending clubs. Time to beat this scrub.

Edited by Flash Tizzle