Would You Ban this Poster?

LVSoxFan

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not allow an almost 200 post SL&P thread happen without one single post of mine.

I have nothing say and dammit, that has never stopped me before, and it won't stop me now.

BTW, my biggest customer, the one that currently represents almost 75% of my receivables, is headquartered out of New Orleans.

Those that have been following my life this past week, know how this just fits right in.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
Pfftt.... you too...??? Somehow a former Sox pitcher wearing a bad shirt that night has a few copies also...  :ph34r:

"I love you man!"

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
Oh, also, I'll triple Krush's offer for you NOT to send them to him..  ;)

Sweet. :D

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
I'll give WSI credit. They don't have a filter that automatically changes the text "Soxtalk" into "that other place" within any post.

But of course, the point of that site has nothing to do with us. :rolly:

LV...

As a staff we generally like to be accountable and easy to access. If we don't email you or PM you back, chances are that we forgot, try again. The admins and mods don't try and act like they are better than anyone else here.

Of course, watch out for Steff. She's got fangs. :P

No, chances are they were foolish enough to send me a PM or email cause i periodically zone out and end up realizing I have like 18 PM's two weeks after the fact :lol:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
Seriously, though, the staff here likes to have fun too. Anybody remember the thread where Jason and I went back and forth editing what each other was saying and going into the admin panel and f***ing with each other's profiles and stuff? How many other places can that happen?

ROFL, that was a hillarious thread. I remember we ended up posting so many random pictures in the thread and our avies.

But ya, I've been on the wrong side of a few bannings, lol. Oh and than I gaged the board just to spite you all. Really...it wasn't an accident, I knew exactly what I was doing :ph34r:

I :wub: Soxtalk

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
Honestly, one of the best things about soxtalk is there's a close group of around 50-75 or so of the posters that have been around a long while that know each other so well.  I've met alot in person and have had nothing but awesome experiences with everyone.

It's like high school all over again. :lol:

Except your cool here :P :D

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
Well I've had enough banning for my lifetime.  Once is enough.  Man, after all that work, too!! :bang

What do people get banned for here, before I fall on my sword again?

Don't overly bash a player (like calling him a cocksucker that should go stab himself to deaht) and don't attack another poster. Attack his opinion all you want and debate all you want, but don't make personal attacks.

You follow those two rules and you got nothing to worry about (oh and no nudie pics).

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
  I've met alot in person and have had nothing but awesome experiences with everyone.

It's like high school all over again. :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
Except your cool here  :P  :D

Exactly like high school--complete with ATROCIOUS grammar. :crying :crying :crying

:D

EDIT: Although mad props to SnB for using the correct form of it's. . .

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
You follow those two rules and you got nothing to worry about (oh and no nudie pics).

Jas,

What about "nearly" nude. LOL How can we post the future Mrs. Posednick's pics without getting close. She barely has clothes on in most of the pics.

My friend told me about that place for about 8 months before I decided to join. I made the mistake of writing my first post the night Illinois lost to UNC. I'm a fan of neither team and tried to inject some objectivity into all of their whining by saying each team had bad calls against them and the total lack of class some Illinois fans were demonstrating was an injustice to both teams as it was a great game etc etc.

Without a warning or anything I got put on "timeout" and was labled a troll by the ultra sensitive mod who was upset his team lost and took it out on me. I emailed him asking why I was banned and he told me "you're not banned! You're just on timeout. It was a bad move on your part to make your first post about Illinois fans showing a lack of class."

I didn't know there was a criteria for one's first post. What a whiny crew they have over there. Glad that same friend told me about Sox Talk!!! :D

The pussification of posting really svcks. But I realize it's a neccessity.

The new policy pretty much means that before you post look it over.

If the style is anything BUT respectful or cordial of another member of SOXTALK or the WHITE SOX then edit it until it is.

Uggh.

I have a request. Can we create a RIVALS RANT section?

A place where we can unleash our male angst on RIVAL teams. A place where we can bash our rivals endlessly. I realize there might be members from other teams here but can't we consider them trolls?

Do we have to be respectful & cordial to trolls as well?

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
The pussification of posting really svcks. But I realize it's a neccessity.

The new policy pretty much means that before you post look it over.

If the style is anything BUT respectful or cordial of another member of SOXTALK or the WHITE SOX then edit it until it is.   

Uggh.

I have a request.  Can we create a RIVALS RANT section?

A place where we can unleash our male angst on RIVAL teams.  A place where we can bash our rivals endlessly. I realize there might be members from other teams here but can't we consider them trolls?

Do we have to be respectful & cordial to trolls as well?

This isn't NSBB.

Why should we show disrespect towards knowledgeable fans of other teams by considering them trolls from the get go. Would any of us consider Benchwarmerjim a troll? I'd say no.