Frat Guy Rules

IlliniKrush

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation because your character is who you really are while your reputation is merely what others think of you."

Dude, first off, you have to join a Fraternity.

Next, follow these easy steps and you'll be the coolest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Firstly, and most importantly, your fraternity comes before your schoolwork, your family, your girlfriend and your health.

2. Never date a girl, just hook up with lots of them. There's no reason to commit when freshmen girls throw themselves at you; they are classic frat guy hook ups. If you must date, she better be in a god damn sorority. And she better be hot.

3. Live in filth. Dirtiness is next to Godliness.

4. Beer will become your aphrodisiac, your study aid, your inhibition modulator and your anger management counselor.

5. You must have a strong hatred for any dude not in a Frat. They wish they were you. They're just jealous of your superiority.

6. Don't bother yourself with pricy imports; piss beer will do the trick. $10 bucks for a 30 pack? Now that's sweet.

7. Fighting with other Greek members and independents is encouraged. Your frat must have that one token badass dude who will throw down whenever, wherever. If you aren't the fighting type, talk as much s*** as humanly possible. References to the other dude's girlfriend are so clutch.

8. Add these Frat guy phrases into your vocabulary: Dude, College, Party! & Man. Dude, let's party! This is so sweet man. COLLEGE RULES!

9. Purchase the following key articles of Frat guy clothing: Pre-faded or "blasted" jeans, a baseball cap (preferably fake-worn), old school sneakers or Rainbow sandals, several collared shirts, and anything that has Abercrombie, J.Crew, or Polo written on it.

10. The party doesn't stop until every keg is finished. You can party harder and longer than anyone else. You are an animal.

11. Listen to such music as: DMB, Jimmy Buffet, MTV Raps, Classic Rock & 80s Music

12. Make sure your fraternity is involved in countless hours of philanthropy. Hahahaha. Sorry, no really man, charity is cool. Yeh.

13. Try to not go to class. If you must go, sleep in class. Understand, in no circumstance should you offer any intelligent insight towards the class discussion. The real world? Don't sweat it, you will get hooked up with a dope job from an alumni dude.

14. If for some reason you don't have a date to a Fraternity formal or date party, try the ever popular "cattle call." Basically, the first girl that walks by, you have to invite, even if she's busted. Fat girls need lovin' too... except they have to pay for it.

15. Get yourself a fratastic nickname. In most cases, your last name will fit the bill, however if you have a cool frat story that you can derive a name from, use that.

16. No matter the number of sororities on campus, your fraternity is only cool enough to mix with a select few.

17. Drinking games will become your purpose in life. You must train countless hours to live up to your competing potential. No matter what anyone says, you are the best beer pong player the game has ever seen.

18. There's nothing wrong with picking up a few STDs... Take one for the team, let your Brothers know what skanks they should steer clear of. Venereal Diseases aren't as bad you would think.

19. Here's a great frat guy pickup line, "Umm, you want to go take shots in my room?" Dude, you're so gonna score.

20. Video games rock. It doesn't matter if you spend hours a day playing, as long as you are the ultimate frat guy gamer.

21. Slight downside, you might have to pay some hefty social dues. Don't worry, your liver will thank you in 20 years.

22. Regardless if you have a learning disability or not, take tons of "meds" like Ritalin and Adderall to do work. Blow 'em if ya got 'em.

23. No matter how cool you personally were before joining a frat, you are now ten times cooler by becoming a frat guy.

If you're not a Frat Guy, you're just... what's the word...

Dude, you are so worthless.

Bolded part is for Greasy.

15. Get yourself a fratastic nickname. In most cases, your last name will fit the bill, however if you have a cool frat story that you can derive a name from, use that....

I was never in a frat, but I really have missed out on a cool nickname...I was called 'Nurse' for a while....basically I was the opposite of a guy who nursed his beer and my idiot friends thought it sounded funny.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
The key is to know alot of frat guys, and not actually join a frat. Drink for free, that's the way to be. No way Steven wants to pay for his friends, when his friends can pay for him to drink!

Sounds like someone's used this to good effect. :P

And please post more round here. :)

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
First of all its Fraternity.  And stereotypes are for the ignorant.  If you have that much to say about one, you wish you were in one.

I have a lot to say about women, but I'd rather date one than be one. ;)

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
lol

You cant do any better than that?

The people on here who are stereotyping fraternities have never been involved in one. Its the same as outside people thinking that all sox fans are like the Ligues. My fraternity was one of the best groups of people I have ever met, and I have life long friends because of it. When bad things happened in my life, they were always there helping out as much as possible. Losing my house, loved ones, they were the first to call and the first to help. You may think that is hilarious, but I take friendship and brotherhood extremely seriously.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
Ouch.  Someone is sour grapes.  Did a frat guy s*** on your coat or something Kenny?

I don't get the animosity.

the frats here house 95% of the kind of people i'm not very fond of.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
the frats here house 95% of the kind of people i'm not very fond of.

well, i've met 3 nice frat guys, (out of 7000), and as much as the majority of them i do dislike, i dislike the greek system just as much.

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
well, i've met 3 nice frat guys, (out of 7000), and as much as the majority of them i do dislike, i dislike the greek system just as much.

nice generalization. If you read any of my post, you would understand that assuming makes an ass out of you.

Sorry Raines, but the vast majority of frat guys i've met are huge assholes. They are arrogant and very disrespectful. They treat women like crap - and that's putting it nicely. Now, not everyone is like this, but i live on a college campus so i've had many encounters with them. You can preach on about your friendship and brotherhood, but you aren't going to convince me that frat guys are AwEsOmE. SnB knows what i'm talking about, he experiences the same things down here. Addy, i don't know what campus you are living on...

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
It's just hilarious that he thinks i want to be in a frat. Comical.

Get over yourself. There are dumbass fraternities and there are ones that actually have their head screwed on right. If you think you are above them, then good for you. They are obviously doing something right to have been around for as long they have. But, if you're too cool for them, than I think that's just great (GDI).

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
Get over yourself.  There are dumbass fraternities and there are ones that actually have their head screwed on right.  If you think you are above them, then good for you.  They are obviously doing something right to have been around for as long they have.  But, if you're too cool for them, than I think that's just great (GDI).

i gotta complete disagree with you.

besides the fraternity's that actually have a purpose ( ie: business ones, etc), the only reason they are around is so people that feel the need to "have friends" can. Why not join a few clubs and meet people that actually share a common interest with you instead of "brotherhood".

The greek system promotes a continuation of the high school mentality where you "have to be in the in crowd".

Alot of the disagreement for me at least, is that i don't want to live the frat lifestyle, i rarely drink, etc.....

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
nice generalization.  If you read any of my post, you would understand that assuming makes an ass out of you.

not really, being that you were in the same fraternity with them i'm sure they did help you out. But they are just assholes to the rest of human life. They are good for booze though, i'll give em that. But they do throw some awefully boring parties.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
i gotta complete disagree with you.

besides the fraternity's that actually have a purpose ( ie: business ones, etc), the only reason they are around is so people that feel the need to "have friends" can.  Why not join a few clubs and meet people that actually share a common interest with you instead of "brotherhood".

The greek system promotes a continuation of the high school mentality where you "have to be in the in crowd". 

Alot of the disagreement for me at least, is that i don't want to live the frat lifestyle, i rarely drink, etc.....

Get over yourself bra. To disagree with their way of life is one thing, but, to purposely go out of one's way to bash them...whatever.

Truth of the matter is you're belov'ed Illinois is home to the largest Greek system in the US. To be independant is almost to be in the minority.

Greek life isn't all paddles and binge-drinking. ...and, I'm out. Have a good one.

when i was an undergrad at the u of i, i had plenty of friends who were in frats. with that in mind it's difficult for me to paint with a broad brush and identify those guys as total jackasses.

however, u of i has more greek houses than any university in the nation (at least it did when i was there). that volume has lended itself to a lot (not all, a lot) of greek folks conducting themselves as if they are better than everyone else. that is indisputable.

as i said previously, i had many friends who were involved in greek life, but on a whole i had a bad taste in my mouth about the greek system when i graduated.