Game Thread -- Friday, September 16th

CWSGuy406

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
Don't let Nick c***o's size fool you.  That wasn't a very tough catch, nor was the liner back to Baker before.  Jones was the only catch of the game that was a true tough catch.

The point was more that it was a hard hit ball hit right at a defender.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
What this offense would look like with Carlos Lee instead of Pods.

Trust me, there have been hundreds of times where I want to make the statement that I would do anything to take that trade back. HOWEVER, the rest of the roster would have been a lot different.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
Gotcha, I agree.  Everett's at least swinging the bat better now.  Ozzie has got to put PK back in the 4th spot immediately.

I don't think you'll find a person here who will disagree. Let's just hope we haven't put Konerko into another May by moving him around.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Trust me, there have been hundreds of times where I want to make the statement that I would do anything to take that trade back.  HOWEVER, the rest of the roster would have been a lot different.

And I actually wasnt as impressed with Carlos' stats as I thought I would be looking at them the other day.

43rd in OPS (Jermaine is 46th)

.275 average, .330 OBP.

I mean, still really good numbers that would be nice in the middle of our lineup, but Jermaine Dye type numbers.

But I just thought they would be much, much better than that.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
So basically no 1st pitch grounders to 1st, no blown saves against KC, and no 5+ era.  :P

And also no 17 wins for Garland, maybe no ERA around 2 for Politte or Cotts, and do you really want to go back to the 5th starter we had last year...Mr. Off day? You guys think our pitchers are overworked now, what would have happened had they not gotten extra days of rest on off days?

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Another guy swinging for the fences. A bad catcher and willie at 2nd! Oh and Bmac as your 5th starter in the beg of the year when he was bad!

As opposed to Duque being bad in the 2nd half of the year and handicapping your payroll next season with his contract? AJP and Iguchi were huge upgrades over who would have been at their position though.