Game Thread -- Friday, September 16th

CWSGuy406

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
I wouldn't have had Pods batting there.  However, it's all about the bottom of the 10th now.

I can understand you partly, but Pods is the hottest hitter on the Sox right now, no need to take him out.

LETS GO JENKS!!!1

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
And wait, if we lose, everyone is going to blame Ozzie for not pinch hitting for Pods.

If they do they are dumb. The players make the plays...he is your starting left fielder and there wasn't that much on the bench to go to in my opinion. Yeah Anderson is a good hitter, but a high strikeout rookie hitter. Ozzie can only use what he has.

At least Iguchi hit the ball hard but you have got to get a fly ball there. I realize it's Nathan, but still. Big time blame on Podsednik for not making that pitcher throw two strikes. You take until it's 3 and 2.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
If they do they are dumb.  The players make the plays...he is your starting left fielder and there wasn't that much on the bench to go to in my opinion.  Yeah Anderson is a good hitter, but a high strikeout rookie hitter.  Ozzie can only use what he has.

hey, I'm agreeing with you.

These recent losses have been lost by the players, not the managers.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
At least Iguchi hit the ball hard but you have got to get a fly ball there.  I realize it's Nathan, but still.  Big time blame on Podsednik for not making that pitcher throw two strikes.  You take until it's 3 and 2.

Why were the Twins shading Iguchi so far up the middle???

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
At least Iguchi hit the ball hard but you have got to get a fly ball there.  I realize it's Nathan, but still.  Big time blame on Podsednik for not making that pitcher throw two strikes.  You take until it's 3 and 2.

Definitely agree with that.