Oh boy, now Iguchi sounds pissed off

The Ginger Kid

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Tadahito Iguchi was not in the White Sox' starting lineup Thursday, and his frequent days off are becoming more of a negative than the beneficial rest that is intended.

''It would have probably been better if I would have played instead,'' Iguchi said through an interpreter about all his time off this season. ''I have a lot of days off, and when I have a lot of days off, I can't get into a rhythm.''

Manager Ozzie Guillen has maintained that he gives Iguchi frequent days off because he isn't used to the grind of a 162-game season. Iguchi played in Japan's Pacific League, which has a 135-game regular season. The Central League season is 140 games.

Iguchi played 124 games last season, meaning he had only nine off days. The Japanese Leagues had a strike last season that wiped out two games. He has played in 119 games with the Sox, putting him on pace to see action in 133.

''I don't really know what direction Ozzie is thinking in,'' said Iguchi, who pinch-hit in the eighth inning Thursday and hit a three-run double on the first pitch he saw. ''I don't know about this year, but as far as next year, if this keeps happening, it might be something I want to talk to him about. This is my first year in the major leagues, so maybe Ozzie is thinking about how to handle me.''

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Ozzie is losing all credability currently with each critical wrong decision.  This guy wants to play and he produces plain and simple.  If willie needs to be in there DH Iguchi.

But what about the anchor of our great offense, Carl Everett?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
But what about the anchor of our great offense, Carl Everett?

Carl Everett , isn't he the old guy that ..............well he runs like an old guy, even i know how i would strike him out. and why the hell hasn't Brian Anderson played. What i dont like bout Ozzie is he doesn't know when to shut up and he doesn't know how to use his Rookies,He didn't use Jerry Owens when Pods was on the DL b'cuz "Jerry Owens plays in Double A" what is up with that, hey Ozzie, u were once in Double A, u were once a Rookie. Till someone gave u a shot at the Big Leagues! :pray Please Give Anderson a Shot hes going to be a SUPERSTAR!! i know this doesn't mean anything right now but he hit 2 homers and a double against Felix Hernandez, no ones been able to hit this guy but he did

The point several of you missed is Iguchi is fed up with Guillen resting him every other day. He must be just as confused and agitated with Guillen's lineups as we've been recently.

Purpose in resting him regularly in July/August was to prepare him for September/October stertch run. Well, it's arrived; and unfortunately, Sox have made this division close. Time to quit babying our lineup. Is it difficult to maintain the same "A" lineup (without Timo, Blum, Ozuna) for one week regardless of matchups?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
The point several of you missed is Iguchi is fed up with Guillen resting him every other day. He must be just as confused and agitated with Guillen's lineups as we've been recently.

Point in resting him regularily in July/August was to prepare him for September/October stertch run. Well, it's arrived; and unfortunately, Sox have made this division close. Time to quit babying our lineup. Is it difficult to maintain the same "A" lineup (without Timo, Blum, Ozuna) for one week regardless of matchups?

Thank you, I feel the exact same way when I see this s***ty lineups on a consistent basis.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
Thank you, I feel the exact same way when I see this s***ty lineups on a consistent basis.

Well, apparently some of you have forgotten the whole point of the game. EVERYBODY GETS TO PLAY. Then we all go out for ice cream, my treat. :P

j/k. The friggin' 'Sunday Lineup' s*** should have ended a month ago. :angry: :angry:

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)

Purpose in resting him regularly in July/August was to prepare him for September/October stertch run. Well, it's arrived; and unfortunately, Sox have made this division close. Time to quit babying our lineup. Is it difficult to maintain the same "A" lineup (without Timo, Blum, Ozuna) for one week regardless of matchups?

That avatar has so many meanings to me right now...

Well, apparently some of you have forgotten the whole point of the game.  EVERYBODY GETS TO PLAY.  Then we all go out for ice cream, my treat. :P

j/k.  The friggin' 'Sunday Lineup' s*** should have ended a month ago.  :angry:  :angry:

Somebody should have told the marketing department, it wasn't going to be WIN OR DIE TRYING, but EVERYBODY GETS TO PLAY

Do we ever have threads on helpful suggestions for marketing slogans which we could send to Brooks?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
Well, apparently some of you have forgotten the whole point of the game.  EVERYBODY GETS TO PLAY.  Then we all go out for ice cream, my treat. :P

j/k.  The friggin' 'Sunday Lineup' s*** should have ended a month ago.  :angry:  :angry:

I couldn't find the proper emticon for this so ROTFLMAO will have to do.