Will El Duque be a starter for the playoffs?

whitesoxgt

HE SHOULDN'T BE!!!but unfortunately we have the one manager who would be dumb enough to do it and theres 2 reasons why

1.-) He's his close friend, ive realized that if ur good friends with him no matter what goes wrong ur job is secure (el duque getting lots of second chances and Freddy Garcia's inconsistancy)

2.-) Ozzies going to leave el duque in the roatation because hes a "big game pitcher and has playoff experience" wow, he cant even win a game for crying out loud.

McCarthy's been :fight

El Duque was supposed to be a big game pitcher when he came to us. He was supposed to be a pitcher that could rise to the occasion, especially come playoff time. Today, we needed him to rise to the occasion. Today, we needed him to pitch against a weak hitting team like he was in the playoffs. Today was his chance to show he could still win big games.

3.1 innings. 4 runs. Nearly 100 pitches.

He should be in long relief or mop up duty. He can't be a big game pitcher if he can't win a big game.

I know this is a bit off topic and hopefully none of us hate El Duque as a person, but this guy has really been a class act this year. It's easy for me to see why Yankee fans really fell in love with this guy.

He leaves everything out on the field and takes every single hit against him as a personal insult. Even after laying an egg in a crucial game vs. Minnesota, he still conducts himself with class and delivers the cold hard truth to the press that he just has no confidence in himself right now. I don't know if many others could do the same, it takes a big man to admit to your shortcomings like that.

As for the Sox, I hope Hawk is praying to the baseball gods right now: "MERCY!"

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
I know this is a bit off topic and hopefully none of us hate El Duque as a person, but this guy has really been a class act this year. It's easy for me to see why Yankee fans really fell in love with this guy.

He leaves everything out on the field and takes every single hit against him as a personal insult. Even after laying an egg in a crucial game vs. Minnesota, he still conducts himself with class and delivers the cold hard truth to the press that he just has no confidence in himself right now. I don't know if many others could do the same, it takes a big man to admit to your shortcomings like that.

As for the Sox, I hope Hawk is praying to the baseball gods right now: "MERCY!"

Billy Koch said all the right things, too, but I don't want him on the mound for the Sox right now either.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)

Not being mean here, but being totally serious...do you think in the Offseason the Yankees would give us anything in exchange for him? If we picked up a portion of his contract?

QUOTE(whitesoxgt @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:25 AM)
HE SHOULDN'T BE!!!but unfortunately we have the one manager who would be dumb enough to do it and theres 2 reasons why

1.-) He's his close friend, ive realized that if ur good friends with him no matter what goes wrong ur job is secure (el duque getting lots of second chances and Freddy Garcia's inconsistancy)

2.-) Ozzies going to leave el duque in the roatation because hes a "big game pitcher and has playoff experience" wow, he cant even win a game for crying out loud.

McCarthy's been  :fight

No. He was the 5th SP in a playoff rotation of 4 guys

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 08:05 AM)
Neither is anyone on the Sox staff.

exactly my point, whats the big deal , and then hes saying he has to check with Ken Williams to c if it would be the right thing to do. Of Course It Is, R u Kidding Me?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

~Mound conference: Manager Ozzie Guillen said Sunday that he is leaning toward starting rookie Brandon McCarthy over Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez against Santana and Minnesota on Thursday. Guillen already has talked to both pitchers, but will wait until he meets with general manager Ken Williams on Monday to make the decision official. ~