White Sox vs. Twins 09/18/05

S720

QUOTE(tony72 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
If they blow their lead to Cleveland - but still make the wildcard - that is not so terrible (the playoffs are the playoffs !)..

But if they don't even make the wild card - I cannot watch this team for a few years no matter how good they play.  I hate to say that - but as much as I love the Sox we as fans have been treated very badly some years (the 1994 strike, the White Flag trade, etc.) and I will refuse to let this team do that.

Ken Williams could have picked up a bat...he could have gotten someone other than Griffey - a Graffinino, etc...he did fail.

And Ozzie gave away at least 10 to 15 games this year with continuously pulling our best hitters (Iguchi, etc.) to give a .200 hitter a chance and not hurt their feelings....

"I want to rest my players" - well you do that AFTER you have clinched a playoff berth...have you noticed no one has been resting since the lead began to shrink?

Now maybe they will all get a lot of rest after October 3rd...YOU PUT THE BEST OUT THERE EVERYDAY TO GIVE THE TEAM THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN...YOU DON'T KEEP PLAYING EL DUQUE WHEN HE GIVE UP A RUN AN INNING BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO FEEL BAD AND ALSO GET HIS INNINGS FOR HIS $180,000 BONUS...

I am sorry to rant....but there have been so many bad moves by Ozzie, KW, etc. the last few months.  This should not be happening...

When I mean blow it, I mean not making the postseason.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
3 high flyball outs.  Lohse has absolutely nothing.  Seriously, if you put Timo, Gload, Borchard, and Anderson into the game, they would give you just as good of a chance as our starting lineup does now.

Everett should not be in there right now, he better be benched the next series, the only reason I can think of why hes playing now is because he kills the twins. I would definitley rather see what Borch can do right now.

Oh and lets bench one of our hot bats with Blum in the middle of losing this division, Ozzie is a f***ing moron.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Who would have ever thought this year that the Bears game would be more entertaining than a stretch run game against the Twins?

Ummmm... the Bears are playing in a "whoever sucks more" division. I don't consider that exciting, myself.

The Bears would be up 31-6 on Marist High School, as well.

The NFL is a joke.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Boston's losing big. Wouldn't that be funny if Cleveland got the AL's top spot.

No...

It's really sad what we sox fans have been put through so far. First we were happy to be the best in the majors then the league then happy to win the division and now the wild card?? It's just pitiful.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
On a team with a struggling offense, you give someone like Gload, Anderson, or Borchard the chance to give you a spark in a game.  Like I mentioned earlier, Ozzie is going down with his starting lineup on the field, and that's commendable.

Too little too late maybe. He conceded about 5 games IMO w/ his s*** lineups earlier in the season. If we won 3 or 4 of those, we would have a 7-8 game lead right now.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Boston's losing big. Wouldn't that be funny if Cleveland got the AL's top spot.

Yeah, that would be interesting. I honestly believe they're the best overall team in baseball, especially with Rolen out for the Cardinals.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
Yeah, that would be interesting.  I honestly believe they're the best overall team in baseball, especially with Rolen out for the Cardinals.

I won't argue with you there, if they make the playoffs they can be a serious contender, they are dangerous.

Especially with their pitching SP's stepping it up big time right now and their offense coming alive. I mean when the hell did Elarton come from he is dominating right now, then Cliff Lee...I mean this guy went from decent to a Cy Young candidate?? Their insane right now.

Edited by Sox Hustler

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
No...

It's really sad what we sox fans have been put through so far. First we were happy to be the best in the majors then the league then happy to win the division and now the wild card?? It's just pitiful.

5-2 Toronto now.......It is pathetic that were looking at the WC right now, but that's the reality of our situation.