White Sox vs. Twins 09/18/05

S720

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
Hopefully after this year, we dont resign Timo.  Or our fearless leader will insert him retardedly all next year also.

Hopefully we won't have our big trade acquisition be someone that our manager can't put in the starting lineup with about 15 games left in a pennant race.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
When our hitters make contact, maybe they should yell FOOOOOOOURRRRRRR!!!!!

Another high pop up. 

Is this the long drive contest or closest to the pin?

Do you think that maybe Greg Walker should be blamed? :P

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Meanwhile Pods takes ANOTHER called 3rd strike.

Don't worry....at least he'll break up the double play. Does anyone find it ironic that one of the reasons the mgmt hated Carlos Lee was cause he would admire his homers, and that we traded him away for someone who hasn't hit one all season?

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
5-2 Toronto now.......It is pathetic that were looking at the WC right now, but that's the reality of our situation.

Yeah, tell me about it. Kinda like the hapless 2004 Red Sox, 2003 Marlins, 2002 Angels, 2002 Giants, 2000 Mets....

Edited by downstairs

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
Yes he should have been fired in August. I'm totally serious too. This team needs a personel change...

Trust me, I know. SSI has been saying he should have been fired for seemingly 10 years now. He's been right on the ball all season about this offense's shortcomings.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
Yes he should have been fired in August. I'm totally serious too. This team needs a personel change...

The indians had a terrible offense earlier this year. It was actually worse than ours.

Then they fired Eddy Murray their hitting coach.

The rest I guess is history...

QUOTE(downstairs @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
Yeah, tell me about it.  Kinda like the hapless 2004 Red Sox, 2003 Marlins, 2002 Angels, 2002 Giants, 2000 Mets....

Personally i think we have a better chance at going deep in the postseason as the WC team. But the way were playing now, we'll be lucky to get there. And of course blowing the division probably won't exude alot of confidence either.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
The indians had a terrible offense earlier this year.  It was actually worse than ours.

Then they fired Eddy Murray their hitting coach. 

The rest I guess is history...

The Indians had a good offense last year while Eddie was still the coach too.

My solution: Fire the players.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
Personally i think we have a better chance at going deep in the postseason as the WC team. But the way were playing now, we'll be lucky to get there. And of course blowing the division probably won't exude alot of confidence either.

If this inconsistent mix of terrible offense, lackluster pitching, and pathetic managing continues, there's NO CHANCE this team makes the postseason.