White Sox vs. Twins 09/18/05

S720

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
no

no

2 awful calls.

god hates us right now.

For some reason nothing is going the sox way right now. Calls are going against us in games, Pods can't steal a base to save his life, our "aces" pitch like s*** and our bullpen has been giving up leads when we have them. Then to add to that, nobody can touch Tribe right now, I mean the sox combined with bad play are having some bad luck.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
no

no

2 awful calls.

god hates us right now.

Nobody hates us. If we're hoping for balks and close calls to go our way to win, then we won't. Even if they DO go our way.

Its time for the hitters to hunker down and hit everything hittable.

Plain and simple.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
If it wasn't meant to be then I would rather have lost it because of a short lead but because it was 15 just makes it very very bad.

Yep. If we do blow this, it's going to be VERY hard for this franchise to overcome this for quite awhile. Sad but true.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
He just needs to go this offseason.  I appreciate his hustle, but he's just not a good overall player.

His swing is so long and looping right now he cannot catch up to the fastball. All you have to do on Carl is go up the ladder on him and he will K. The only pitch he can get to is the breaking pitch down and in.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
And that's one of the reasons that either our GM or Manager will be fired.

and it shouldnt be our GM, this collapse isnt kenny's fault, we all know it's ozzie and his idiocy... but who will take the fall? who knows

QUOTE(downstairs @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
Nobody hates us.  If we're hoping for balks and close calls to go our way to win, then we won't.  Even if they DO go our way.

I don't expect check swings to go our way. But thats about as obvious of a balk as you will ever see and the fact it wasn't called is pretty pathetic on the umpires part.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)

Kenny did a good job this season putting this team together, aside from not getting a bat during the trade deadline he shouldn't be the scapegoat, besides no one was willing to deal anything unless you gave them 2 or 3 top 10 prospects.

As far as Ozzie, he has done some of the stupidist s*** ever but then again he isn't the one not playing on the field and losing that 15 game lead, you can only blame him so much.

Its really everybody should be blamed, GM, Ozzie, and players. If we don't make it, then some players need to go.

QUOTE(downstairs @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
Nobody hates us.  If we're hoping for balks and close calls to go our way to win, then we won't.  Even if they DO go our way.

Its time for the hitters to hunker down and hit everything hittable.

Plain and simple.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
Geoff Blum????????

dude what GM in baseball made ANY moves this trade deadline? and come on. everett batting 3rd, the ridiculous days off schedules, actually PLAYING geoff blum. i dunno i feel like this all falls on ozzie, not kenny. we would never be anywhere close to where we are if it werent for kenny's moves this past off season. ozzie just mismanaged this whole f***ing season

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Yep. If we do blow this, it's going to be VERY hard for this franchise to overcome this for quite awhile. Sad but true.

If they blow their lead to Cleveland - but still make the wildcard - that is not so terrible (the playoffs are the playoffs !)..

But if they don't even make the wild card - I cannot watch this team for a few years no matter how good they play. I hate to say that - but as much as I love the Sox we as fans have been treated very badly some years (the 1994 strike, the White Flag trade, etc.) and I will refuse to let this team do that.

Ken Williams could have picked up a bat...he could have gotten someone other than Griffey - a Graffinino, etc...he did fail.

And Ozzie gave away at least 10 to 15 games this year with continuously pulling our best hitters (Iguchi, etc.) to give a .200 hitter a chance and not hurt their feelings....

"I want to rest my players" - well you do that AFTER you have clinched a playoff berth...have you noticed no one has been resting since the lead began to shrink?

Now maybe they will all get a lot of rest after October 3rd...YOU PUT THE BEST OUT THERE EVERYDAY TO GIVE THE TEAM THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN...YOU DON'T KEEP PLAYING EL DUQUE WHEN HE GIVE UP A RUN AN INNING BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO FEEL BAD AND ALSO GET HIS INNINGS FOR HIS $180,000 BONUS...

I am sorry to rant....but there have been so many bad moves by Ozzie, KW, etc. the last few months. This should not be happening...

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)

No doubt it will be KW. OG will get away with his job where he'll stay for the remainder of his contract to suck and continue to prevent us from being good enough to win the WS.

It should be Ozzie, without a doubt. But, it will be KW.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
No doubt it will be KW.  OG will get away with his job where he'll stay for the remainder of his contract to suck and continue to prevent us from being good enough to win the WS.

It should be Ozzie, without a doubt.  But, it will be KW.

You know I couldn't agree more with you. I wonder if Ozzie will get along good with Steve Stone.