Sox have nothing to lose

VAfan

Will the Sox become the team that has blown the biggest lead after August 1st and let the Indians pass us for the AL Central division crown this year?

When I think of this question, frankly, it doesn't cause me any more heartburn than I already have as a Sox fan. Why not? Because in my lifetime, and even in my father's lifetime (he died in his 80's a few years ago), the White Sox haven't won a single postseason series. So what does it matter if the Sox pulled an all-time division race fade? It really wouldn't make things any worse than they already have been for us Sox fans.

Thus, I'm not losing any sleep over our recent troubles. In fact, I'm confident that our recent troubles are going to toughen the team and get us back to playing the kind of baseball that led us to having the best record in the AL.

The Sox have nothing to lose. And if they play like it, I think this Sox team is still destined to do something really great - win in the postseason. Because this team plays its best baseball when no one, absolutely no one, thinks they have any chance.

QUOTE(UC76 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
Here's hoping the Cell is rocking for all three games. If ever there was a time for Sox fans to make a statement and make it hell on an opposing team, that time is now.

Just checked online and the best (2) seats available are in section 557. The best (1) seat available is in section 507.

Looks like we could be in for some pretty good attendance. That place WILL be rocking.

I look at the situation this way. We are going into this crucial series with the Indians with the major's leader in SB's not stealing anymore; our offense in the tank-again; our starters getting rocked the last 2 weeks or so; The Indians winning 9 out of their last 10 and I say this about that...

It's all good for the Sox. We will see the team character and make up here in these next 3 games. I think these guys and their pride and their comradarie will equate into at least 2 out of 3 for the Sox in this series.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
welcome to teh club

yeah, i've been thinking of it since I woke up this morning and am struggling to get anything done at work!

I must say, I was most impressed with the way the Sox gutted out two wins against the Twins this weekend. Minny was doing everything in their power to beat the Sox. I might be high, but I think that's the turning point we needed.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
The Sox have nothing to lose.  And if they play like it, I think this Sox team is still destined to do something really great - win in the postseason.  Because this team plays its best baseball when no one, absolutely no one, thinks they have any chance.

The Sox have everything to lose the last two weeks of this season. The next 3 years of this organization could be shaped with what happens in the next 14 games.

...what?

They have nothing to lose? That's f***ing ridiculous. They have a whole helluva lot to lose, and that includes attendance and respect for years to come, not to mention a playoff berth and the possibility of blowing the biggest lead ever. Oh, and we have money to lose that could be spent in the offseason.