Ozzie Guillen

aboz56

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Oh well.  These next two weeks cannot end fast enough.

No kidding. Look at the second line of my signature. These games just aren't as fun as they should be. Last night's game was exciting as hell, but it just isn't as enjoyable as it should be. In 13 games, we'll know what the future of this team is for the 2005 season. Hopefully, it's a playoff series.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
I am blaming ozzie. We had at last two better options than vizcaino... followed by marte. One would have been to let cotts got for a second inning of work... two would be to bring in politte who has bene ridiculously good against both righties and lefties ( much like ozzie). After this season he needs to take a look at three year splits and the splits from this past year for everyone on this team. He needs to look them over daily why he is at it so maybe it gets etched into his brain. I just wish we wer lucky enough to not have to deal with him next season.

I know someone is gonna say '' well you have to blame the players sometimes to''. Well maybe if he did not set-up his own players to fail as often i would.

i second all of what u said.....ozzie has a tendency to let his relievers pitch to only one or 2 hitters. He rarely lets them pitch a whole inning unless they go to extra innings. Hes all worried that hes over using Cotts, he was a starting pitcher for gods sake, He can take it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
Lou Piniella is being bought out by Tampa. It is still unclear if he must sit out a year. He would look great in the 3rd base dugout of USCF.

In my opinion, he's a step up from Ozzie...a fiery manager, except Piniella's baseball IQ is higher. thing is, I wouldn't say Ozzie has done anything to get fired (yet, it really depends on how this season ends).

QUOTE(AirScott @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
In my opinion, he's a step up from Ozzie...a fiery manager, except Piniella's baseball IQ is higher.  thing is, I wouldn't say Ozzie has done anything to get fired (yet, it really depends on how this season ends).

A step up?

Piniella >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Guillen