Ozzie Guillen

aboz56

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:05 AM)
How about a 3b who's hitting .435 in September with a 1.311 OPS?  Can you do without that?

If you want to badmouth Crede, at least do it when he's struggling.

Shows you how bad he is at the plate- he is hitting .435 in Sept. and he still is hitting in the .230's. I can do without his bat the last two years. You want to keep someone because he had a good 19 days?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
Ozzie has been managing "by the book" too much lately.

Hawk used to always kiss his ass by talking about the reason why Ozzie gets so much flack from guys like Brantley is because he doesn't do what most managers are expected to do.

These lefty-righty matchups are getting extremely out of hand.  Look at what RH do against Cotts, or LH do against Jenks. What ever happened to Cliff and Neal each pitching one inning no matter if an opposite handed batter was up?

The f***ing guy needs to look at stats. I know i have been saying it alot and i will until his tenure is up with the sox or he admits that stats are not the anti christ.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
Is he or is he not hitting in the .240's on the season?

He is. Am I saying he's an amazing 3b who should be our permanent one? No. I am saying that you guys badmouth him while he's one of the few players on our team doing well. If you want to badmouth him while he's sucking and costing us games, alright, but I didnt know knocking in the first run of a 4 run rally to tie the game from being down 4-0 is sucking.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:09 AM)
I wish Ozzie would play matchups in the seventh, Pollite in the eigth, and Hermanson or Jenks in the ninth.  That is the way I would handle the bullpen.

Hermanson can't be in a close game now. I love the guy for what he's done this year, but a back injury has really hurt his overall game now.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:10 AM)
It isn't Oz's fault Freddie sucked in the biggest game of his Sox career.

The 4-0 lead was death even though we did battle back.

We only win of late when we get DOMINANT pitching and he sucked.

We had a spirited comeback to take the lead heading into the 8th. Ozzie had to get us 6 outs with our relievers, and he pulled our best reliever so he could bring in his buddies Viz and Marte. What more does Cotts have to do to get a bigger role w/this team?

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
First off, he brings in Damaso Marte to protect a lead?

Is this the same guy that quit on the team just over a week or so ago?

Please explain this to me, someone.

Second, after Ozuna gives us another chance, he lets Jermaine Dye hit when we needed to get the runner to 3rd.  Where are Harris or Timo to lay down the bunt?

Then we need to hold a one run defecit and we bring in Hermanson?  Where the hell is Politte?

Ozzie, thanks for helping out to piss the season away.

When Eric Wedge wins AL Manager of the year, we'll all know why.  You'll never be mistaken for a genius.  In fact you are a moron. You've proved it time and time again.

:notworthy PERIOD

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:11 AM)
Hermanson can't be in a close game now.  I love the guy for what he's done this year, but a back injury has really hurt his overall game now.

Alright so make Hermanson A 7th inning matchup guy and close with Jenks, I just hate when Ozzie plays matchups in the ninth inning when we have the lead.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:14 AM)
Alright so make Hermanson A 7th inning matchup guy and close with Jenks,  I just hate when Ozzie plays matchups in the ninth inning when we have the lead.

Um, you're preaching to the leader of the choir here. There's no one that dislikes Ozzie's managing more than myself. The ONLY saving grace for me if this team doesn't make the playoffs is that maybe he'll get fired. Of course, I'd rather have the Sox make the playoffs and lose every game 10-0 instead of missing the playoffs.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
First off, he brings in Damaso Marte to protect a lead?

Is this the same guy that quit on the team just over a week or so ago?

Please explain this to me, someone.

Second, after Ozuna gives us another chance, he lets Jermaine Dye hit when we needed to get the runner to 3rd.  Where are Harris or Timo to lay down the bunt?

Then we need to hold a one run defecit and we bring in Hermanson?  Where the hell is Politte?

Ozzie, thanks for helping out to piss the season away.

When Eric Wedge wins AL Manager of the year, we'll all know why.  You'll never be mistaken for a genius.  In fact you are a moron. You've proved it time and time again.

Ozzie and his man love of all the s***bag benchwarmers on the team is what brought us to this point, that and the collective lack of cojones on the rotation except for Contreras.

This team is seriously pissing me off. What a bunch of f***ing chokers.

I blame the players just as much as Ozzie. Is it Ozzie's fault that Marte can't throw strikes? Is it Ozzie's fault that Jenks gave Boone a perfect pitch to hit? Yes, Ozzie could have managed the matchups better, but its the pitchers fault just as much as his.

I agree with Felix.

We all wanted Bobby to finish. How do you know Bobby wasn't gonna

get rocked? he sure sucked on the at bat by Boone.

s*** even Paulie. He gets a pretty good pitch to hit with 2 on in the ninth.

Do you doubt Boone or any other Tribe would have bashed a hit

in a similar situation? Paulie as much as I like him, popped out.

Their players are better than ours.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 04:21 AM)
I blame the players just as much as Ozzie. Is it Ozzie's fault that Marte can't throw strikes? Is it Ozzie's fault that Jenks gave Boone a perfect pitch to hit? Yes, Ozzie could have managed the matchups better, but its the pitchers fault just as much as his.

I agree with Felix.

We all wanted Bobby to finish. How do you know Bobby wasn't gonna

get rocked? he sure sucked on the at bat by Boone.

s*** even Paulie. He gets a pretty good pitch to hit with 2 on in the ninth.

Do you doubt Boone or any other Tribe would have bashed a hit

in a similar situation? Paulie as much as I like him, popped out.

Their players are better than ours.

Then why does he keep going to Marte knowing he can not throw strikes? If a player cannot perform then do not put him out there.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
I'm not all that confident

when any of our late inning

guys come in nowadays.

Bobby can be great and also bad.

I feel about Viz the way some of you do marte. Viz really sucks.

Right now I have a ton of confidence in Cotts and confidence in Pollite, so of course Ozzie limits Cotts tonight and doesn't pitch Cliff at all... unreal

Sad part about tonight, it's probably not one of his worst botched games of the year.

He's probably had a few others that have been worse.

It's like a bad record that just keeps on skipping over and over and over again.