Ozzie Guillen

aboz56

First off, he brings in Damaso Marte to protect a lead?

Is this the same guy that quit on the team just over a week or so ago?

Please explain this to me, someone.

Second, after Ozuna gives us another chance, he lets Jermaine Dye hit when we needed to get the runner to 3rd. Where are Harris or Timo to lay down the bunt?

Then we need to hold a one run defecit and we bring in Hermanson? Where the hell is Politte?

Ozzie, thanks for helping out to piss the season away.

When Eric Wedge wins AL Manager of the year, we'll all know why. You'll never be mistaken for a genius. In fact you are a moron. You've proved it time and time again.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am blaming ozzie. We had at last two better options than vizcaino... followed by marte. One would have been to let cotts got for a second inning of work... two would be to bring in politte who has bene ridiculously good against both righties and lefties ( much like ozzie). After this season he needs to take a look at three year splits and the splits from this past year for everyone on this team. He needs to look them over daily why he is at it so maybe it gets etched into his brain. I just wish we wer lucky enough to not have to deal with him next season.

I know someone is gonna say '' well you have to blame the players sometimes to''. Well maybe if he did not set-up his own players to fail as often i would.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
First off, he brings in Damaso Marte to protect a lead?

Is this the same guy that quit on the team just over a week or so ago?

Please explain this to me, someone.

Second, after Ozuna gives us another chance, he lets Jermaine Dye hit when we needed to get the runner to 3rd.  Where are Harris or Timo to lay down the bunt?

Then we need to hold a one run defecit and we bring in Hermanson?  Where the hell is Politte?

Ozzie, thanks for helping out to piss the season away.

Actually he had dye offer at the first pitch with a bunt attempt and fell behind 0-1. If you plain on moving the run over either let him hit it to the right side from the first pitch of the at-bat or bring in someone that has gotten down a sacrafice within the last four years.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
Actually he had dye offer at the first pitch with a bunt attempt and fell behind 0-1. If you plain on moving the run over either let him hit it to the right side from the first pitch of the at-bat or bring in someone that has gotten down a sacrafice within the last four years.

If he was going to bunt, he should have bunted until he had 2 strikes. Dye can't bunt and we all know it. That was a complete joke.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
I am blaming ozzie. We had at last two better options than vizcaino... followed by marte. One would have been to let cotts got for a second inning of work...

I was actually thinking that same thing. I think Oz gets hung up on the lefty/righty thing too often. Cotts looked good. Why take him out?

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
I was actually thinking that same thing. I think Oz gets hung up on the lefty/righty thing too often. Cotts looked good. Why take him out?

Clearly because he throws left handed and left handers cannot get right handers out.

100% agreement on Marte. Ed Farmer sounds like he feels the same way.

When he brought Marte in for the first time since the incident, Farmer said something along the lines of, "Supposedly Marte apologized to the team but whatever."

I'm even pissed at Jenks for not throwing his bender to Boone. Who gives a s*** if the previous one is in the dirt, than throw it for a strike.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Why didnt he use Politte instead of Jenks in the eighth?  He hasn't pitched in days.

I thought Politte would have the entire 8th personally. He is tough on lefties as he is on righties.

Marte has no place on this team anymore. Ozzie forgave him way to easily.

OZZIE- THE RIGHTY AND LEFTY MATCHUPS AREN'T WORTH ALL THESE LOSSES!!!!!!!! get it in your f***ing head.. jesus.. relief pitchers are supposed to be able to pitch to both sides of the plate.. they are only in for what 1/3 of an inning?? COME ON!

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
the players don't decide to bring themselves into the games.. sorry, you've got to blame the manager for this

I blame the players just as much as Ozzie. Is it Ozzie's fault that Marte can't throw strikes? Is it Ozzie's fault that Jenks gave Boone a perfect pitch to hit? Yes, Ozzie could have managed the matchups better, but its the pitchers fault just as much as his.

QUOTE(Felix @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
Is there anything new there?  As far as I can tell, you always blame Ozzie.

No. 90% of the time i blame ozzie. I am also not a second guesser. When i see something wrong i state it in the game thread while it is happening or before hand. Ozzie has lost us a number of games this season. He and allan trammel are the two worst in game managers currently in the major leagues.

It couldn't have been set up any f***ing easier. Top of the 7th, tie ballgame. Cotts, Politte, Jenks. How f***ing difficult can it possibly be, Ozzie? The cle announcers were just baffled by Oz's management, they didn't know what the f*** he was doing. They said, "well, he essentially just used 4 pitchers to get 4 outs, all so that Neal Cotts didn't face Peralta". I was really glad to hear this, because I was wondering if I was that clueless when it came to baseball by wondering what in the f*** Ozzie was doing.

VIZ and MARTE....in a head-to-head game with the team right on your ass?????????

f***in' a man. f***in' a.